What's Cooking this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about some turkey, salami, provolone, garlic n herb aloutte cheese......sourdough bread...pull out the george foreman grill......assemble together, apply olive oil to outside of bread and......GO!

Instant panini! Grab a bottle of 2006 Huia Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.....oh wait.......WRONG FORUM!

it was good......no pics, sorry....it was REALLY good!

Two butts tonight and two standing prime rib roasts (whatever they are called) on Sunday. Doing stuffed apples too.

SteerCrazy said:
How about some turkey, salami, provolone, garlic n herb aloutte cheese......sourdough bread...pull out the george foreman grill......assemble together, apply olive oil to outside of bread and......GO!

Instant panini! Grab a bottle of 2006 Huia Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.....oh wait.......WRONG FORUM!

it was good......no pics, sorry....it was REALLY good![/quote]

No pics = no cook!

Did shrimp kabobs last night on the Gator. Tonight it's chicken pot pie. Tomorrow, if the weather holds, Deer/Hog hunting down in Cotulla so that means Tex Mex. If not grilled Sirloin on the Gator or maybe some Chili.

brian j said:
is everyone cooking their chucks to 170 and then foiling or is anyone going the distance q/out foil?
I foiled the one time I did 'em, and it worked so well I'll do it again -- this weekend, as a matter of fact. I have two smallish chucks in the fridge waiting to report for duty. :D

--John 8)

brian j said:
just got back from the grocery store... looks like soup tonight and jerky and a chuck roast tomorrow. is everyone cooking their chucks to 170 and then foiling or is anyone going the distance q/out foil?

Brian I always foil the chucks at 165* and cook till fork tender, which is generally in the 200*-205* range. But you can't go on temp alone on chucks, gotta do the fork twist test. Resting for at least 2 hours is very important in my opinion for chucks.

had to cook in the oven... too windy up here in MA I would end up burning up the back yard,,, and I made myself a Charcoal basket too,, maybe i'll get to try it tomorrow thinking some ribs for Game time.

Did Pork Chops with som Wolfe Rub Bold on em,, they are resting right now while the rice finishes

JonM said:
had to cook in the oven... too windy up here in MA I would end up burning up the back yard,,, and I made myself a Charcoal basket too,, maybe i'll get to try it tomorrow thinking some ribs for Game time.

Did Pork Chops with som Wolfe Rub Bold on em,, they are resting right now while the rice finishes

How'd they turn out Jon?? Where's the pic's???

They actually came out pretty good for cookin them in the oven,, Larry your WRB has a nice amount of long lasting heat to it,, it won't blast you out ofyour seat but it lingers for a bit very nice.

Ya that whole picture thing?,, I would like to take pics of what I make sometimes but I cannnot forthe life of me remember where our camera is you are just going to have to trust me that it looks good :)

Thanks

Jon

Larry Wolfe said:
Leftover beef stew for us tonight. Bold burgers or smoked meatloaf tomorrow, still undecided for Sunday. What's everyone else cooking??

Unfortunatley nothing on the grill or smoker here am housebound with a broken foot , the DR says it will heal faster if I keep off it as much as possible till the boot arrives till then its Vicodin and crutches for me !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom