What's cooking this fine weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the looks of their butt temps and the times posted, I'd say they both have them wrapped and in the cooler and catching a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

9.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
From the looks of their butt temps and the times posted, I'd say they both have them wrapped and in the cooler and catching a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

9.gif
You would be correct in that assumption Mr Prochilo.
I thought from the way everything was going I would be taking them off and then hitting the sack late last night. But when the therms where at 195* I checked the meat and the bone didn't wiggle easy enough. I moved the threms to a couple of different locations and both of them dropped to 175* :eek: . By the time I did all that it was midnight. Well my alarm is set for 4:15 am anyway, so I decided to get a few hours sleep. Set the Maverick alarm for 195* and crashed. My ever reliable ET-73 woke me up at 3:30. By the time I got everything ready to remove the pork the temps were at 199* (perfect). Into foil and then the cooler. Back to bed. Back up at 8:15 to pull pork. Got two gallon sized ziplock bags (left foodsaver in NC last weekend), 3/4 full in the fridge. I'll seperate into smaller bags later to take 1/2 to work and keep 1/2.
The one with the secret solution :-# [-( :-$ was better than the one with out (IMHO). We'll see what the people at work think. 8-[

I had to finish it in the oven. It was 182 then the WSM temps started to drop...outta fuel. I didn't have any more, so I foiled it and threw it in the oven at 200. It hit 190, and I turned it to warm.
I'll start pulling it in a little while.

Finney said:
Nick Prochilo said:

9.gif
You would be correct in that assumption Mr Prochilo.
I thought from the way everything was going I would be taking them off and then hitting the sack late last night. But when the therms where at 195* I checked the meat and the bone didn't wiggle easy enough. I moved the threms to a couple of different locations and both of them dropped to 175* :eek: . By the time I did all that it was midnight. Well my alarm is set for 4:15 am anyway, so I decided to get a few hours sleep. Set the Maverick alarm for 195* and crashed. My ever reliable ET-73 woke me up at 3:30. By the time I got everything ready to remove the pork the temps were at 199* (perfect). Into foil and then the cooler. Back to bed. Back up at 8:15 to pull pork. Got two gallon sized ziplock bags (left foodsaver in NC last weekend), 3/4 full in the fridge. I'll seperate into smaller bags later to take 1/2 to work and keep 1/2.
The one with the secret solution :-# [-( :-$ was better than the one with out (IMHO). We'll see what the people at work think. 8-[

Was the secret solution rub or injection?

I haven't cooked yet but will be soon. I'm just going to cook my pork roast in the oven. Put one of my homemade thrown together rubs on it and bake it. Slice and eat!

You guys have a great afternoon, enjoy your food, and stay warm!

At the last minute I've decided to fry some wings, make chili cheese fries and cook a bottom round in the oven to make sliced beef sandwiches later.

Finney said:
Looks real good. What's the bread things?
That is grandma's potato bread =D> . I made It 2 days ago, I thought it might taste good (better) smoked. It wasn't to bad :eek:

To be honest, my grandpa (dad) passed away last july. He left me with alot of grandma's recipes. But I couldn't find the one for potato bread. I went to a cookin' website [-X No shame on me :!: To find a recipe for the bread. It's kinda' like grandma's, but not the same :-( . I have to get to call the aunt I don't like to get the original recipe #-o . Once I get it I'll give it to ya' . :) I do have some kick ass recipes for bread & butter pickles, cabbage soup, and some salad dressing that will knock your socks off =D>

Back
Top Bottom