Whats Cooking for this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jtfisher63 said:
We are doing a practice run this weekend for our first competition next weekend. So we are going with 1 brisket. 2 butts, 3 racks of BB's, 3 racks of spares and about 18 chicken thighs. It should be an interesting weekend because we are going to cook using the same schedule as next weekend. Not much sleepy! :shock:
I did the same thing to get ready for my first comp it was a very good experience....keep a list of things you need to run into the house for..that way you'll have them packed for the comp ;)

jtfisher63 said:
Good idea, we are going to try to do as close as possible as the real day. I think one challenge is going to be working out of ice chests.
And the size of the "comp" area...and a million other little details....you'll have a blast and be real happy for the experience...one other big issue for us was the turn in boxes...getting them to look just so.

wdroller said:
Not cooking this weekend. I'm heading out early a.m. Saturday for East Tennessee and then on to far Western North Carolina on Sunday. I'll be having BBQ tomorrow night at the Ridgewood in Bluff City, TN--a mecca for lovers of Q.

Anyone know of a good Q joint in Andrews or Murphy, NC? I'll be in that area about a week.

www.carolinabbqjoints.com

wdroller said:
Anyone know of a good Q joint in Andrews or Murphy, NC? I'll be in that area about a week.
West of Murphy on U.S. 64, about 5 miles from the TN line, is Herb's Pit Bar-B-Q. We were favorably impressed when we stopped there for lunch on our BBQ Tour. It's the westernmost point on the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail.

--John 8)
(Mmm, reminded me of their hushpuppies.
eatdrink026.gif
)

did 38lbs of mudbugs and fixins(bunches of pops wit fome on the top) . will post pics later .
satday yet to be seen .

Back
Top Bottom