What's cooking for New Years Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's suppose to rain the whole weekend here...so we are under "storm watch". So, I'll keep it simple and short...beef ribbies and another go with ABTs Scotty-style.

Bobberqer said:
got me some hanger steaks soakin in Gin and Vemouth with green olives it's a beautiful thing :grin:

Hey Bob, what's a hanger steak? The marinade sounds great.

Griff

As said in my other post, I scored a butt and ribs. Prob. gonna throw some beens in the smoker too ala Woody's recipe.

Gotta 12 pound Prime Rib that I'm gonna dress up tonight and cook tomorrow with twice baked garlic potatoes and who knows

Tonight I will have my Signature----Meyers Rum and Diet Pepsi W/ Lime to get the creative juices flowing.

Happy New Year to all!!

Spice

Fresh Ham Pt. 2. I was walking past the meat counter tonight and the gal that sold me the Ham last week asked how it went. I told her I thought the ham had an off flavor and she up and gives me another "Gatis" not quite as bid At 17lbs but I wasn't expecting that anyway. I'll brine this one and smoke it Monday!

New Years Eve Dinner is prime rib on the kettle, lobster tails, garlic smashed potatos, green beans with strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

No field peas! I'm not supersticious! I'm in a polenta mode lately. I'm trying to approximate a recipe for sweet potato polenta.

Bob T said:
I guess we'll be doing steaks, shrimp and scallops on the grill today. I just tossed on a chuck onto the WSM for some chili also. Doing the chuck the old fashion way...no Guru lol.
Now, what/how to do them der scallops for the grill.

umm scallops....but when overcooked they are so disappointing. If you're going to sear, remember they really dont take long. If you're going indirect, you can have a better handle on when they're ready.
Don't mess em up! I love scallops!!

i liked it cappy, besides i had bought a 40lb box of leg quarters on sale awhile back..... :D

Back
Top Bottom