What's a moon ring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
On Ray's forum, someone mentioned a "moon ring" that they use on the WSM. It was described as:
It's a new thing that just came out around the circuit. Pete Moon makes them. It is a metal ring that you set in the bullet that has holes drilled in it and what it does is evens up the temp from the top and bottom grid for a nice even temperature on both grids. He just started selling them and there is a patent pending on them. Wonderful item. Keeps the temps even so you can get a nice burn out of your bullet and the meat can be pulled at the same time.

Any one got a link / photo?

Thought that's what you wore on your finger and watch it turn different colors as your body temperature changed.

Why mess with a WSM modification? It's a water smoker. (the best ever built IMHO) I know there are some Guru guys out there, But come on, A monkey humping a football can turn out decent barbecue on one of them. But I guess it's like a "pimpmobile" Some just have to put different rims and tires, curb feelers, tinted window's, exc. Gets the same job done, but with a little more "BLING" I plan on mounting a WSM on a stainless steel cart with 22 inch rollers, a 100'000 watt CD player, neon graphics and a 60 inch plasma along with at least 8- 12 inch monitors. Not for getting satellite tunes and television, and a half of beer on tap.Working on a deal with Xzbit and West Coast Customs to produce a show called " Pimp My Pit"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom