Whatcha eating for Sunday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Gotta pot of chicken and dumplings going here! Still not feeling 100%, what could be better than homemade chicken and dumplings? What's everyone else eating?

Macaroni here (it is Sunday..duh..)...my pops bringing his sauce. I can come pretty close to duplicating it, but its never as good..It'll be covering Rigatoni. There'll be meatballs, sausage and chuck roast that was cooked in the sauce. Also salad and garlic bread. That will be followed by the short trip to the couch and a "pasta coma".

By the way, my ribs came excellent last night. I bought them at a butcher shop and they were better and meatier than any Ive bought at the grocery store or Sams ! Plus they were on sale.

Hmmmm..That sounds pretty good! Chili keeps ~ Can I come up?? :-D

;)

I'm with Susan, corned beef and cabbage. No slow cooker tonight, on the stove top. Thursday is my father in laws birthday so no corn beef there. Got a meeting at the firehouse also on Thursday and they will have it there!

Marinated some london broil (top round) in a marsala marinade:

3/4 C marsala wine
1/4 C soy sauce
2 (at least) cloves minced garlic
1/3 C vegetable oil
ground pepper.

Grilled 'em on the gasser to medium rare and threw some oak chips in the smoker box.

Also grilled a few sweet potatoes. (Not yams. Real sweet potatoes).

For my kids I sliced one of the steaks thin the long way before cooking and threaded 6 slices on skewers. Then gilled them fast over direct heat. My littlest calls them Daddy's meatsicles.

ROB O said:
Marinated some london broil (top round) in a marsala marinade:

3/4 C marsala wine
1/4 C soy sauce
2 (at least) cloves minced garlic
1/3 C vegetable oil
ground pepper.

Grilled 'em on the gasser to medium rare and threw some oak chips in the smoker box.

Also grilled a few sweet potatoes. (Not yams. Real sweet potatoes).

For my kids I sliced one of the steaks thin the long way before cooking and threaded 6 slices on skewers. Then gilled them fast over direct heat. My littlest calls them Daddy's meatsicles.

Gotta good marsala chicken recipe? I love that stuff, but haven't perfected it at home yet. Carrabba's (owned by Outback) has a great marsala pork chop.

Larry Wolfe said:
Gotta pot of chicken and dumplings going here! Still not feeling 100%, what could be better than homemade chicken and dumplings? What's everyone else eating?

Don't worry larry, 100% of you is only 25% of most guys!!! :oops: :roll:

Woodman said:
Larry Wolfe said:

Don't worry larry, 100% of you is only 25% of most guys!!! :oops: :roll:

SS's gonna be fun! :badgrin:

Did a rib roast on the 'Lil Tex Traeger grill. Cooked medium for 2 hrs (cold outside) and smoked for 2 hrs using mesquite wood pellets. Internal temp of 130 and it was awesome! Me and the old lady (okay the dog got some) ate an 8lb rib roast. Only two end pieces left.

Back
Top Bottom