what type of ribs for a kcbs comp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

By the way, country style ribs arent ribs at all. They are butts that have been cut from the bone and are sold for twice the price.

Bill, are you saying they are twice the price of butts or ribs ? We get the country style ribs here usually around$1.99lb. We're big fans !!

brian j said:
gsmith said:
bb or spares? I looked at the rules and they don't say anything other than bone in - not country style.

Thanks.
man, that's like asking foil or no foil... :LOL: i use bb's but just as many use spares. use what ever you have the best experience cooking.

well at least I didn't ask whether to put my brisket fat cap up or down :LOL:

thanks for the responses. You can use either which is what I was wondering. It would seem that spares would fill the container a little better.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

It's because of the rub you're using, not the type of ribs! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2c0l9hme]I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

It's because of the rub you're using, not the type of ribs! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif][/quote:2c0l9hme]

That has something to do with it. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1fjz63yn][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1fjz63yn]I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

It's because of the rub you're using, not the type of ribs! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif][/quote:1fjz63yn]

That has something to do with it. ;)[/quote:1fjz63yn]

Yep, shooooor does, that Fatz's Pig Powder is some good stuff!!!!!!!

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3umbsf3q][quote="Larry Wolfe":3umbsf3q][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3umbsf3q]I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

It's because of the rub you're using, not the type of ribs! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif][/quote:3umbsf3q]

That has something to do with it. ;)[/quote:3umbsf3q]

Yep, shooooor does, that Fatz's Pig Powder is some good stuff!!!!!!![/quote:3umbsf3q]

Yep, it is good stuff.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Bruce B":2r8jikuh][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2r8jikuh][quote="Larry Wolfe":2r8jikuh][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2r8jikuh]I started out using BB but switched to Spares last year. I have been getting better results witht the Spares in all around scores. I was having a hard time finding three racks of BB that were even in size so I learned to cut the Spares. Hope this helps.

It's because of the rub you're using, not the type of ribs! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif][/quote:2r8jikuh]

That has something to do with it. ;)[/quote:2r8jikuh]

Yep, shooooor does, that Fatz's Pig Powder is some good stuff!!!!!!![/quote:2r8jikuh]

Yep, it is good stuff.[/quote:2r8jikuh]

Rumor has it that Cappy invented Fatz's Pig Powder

Larry Wolfe said:
You guys truly hate me.......................................

Its not so much that we "hate" you...hate is such a strong and hurtfull word...Its more like, well its sort of, well if you put it into perspective....

Aw heck...lets go with hate for now...

john pen said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3gc6fn5l]You guys truly hate me.......................................

Its not so much that we "hate" you...hate is such a strong and hurtfull word...Its more like, well its sort of, well if you put it into perspective....

Aw heck...lets go with hate for now...[/quote:3gc6fn5l]

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have used both, taken 1st in that category with both, but prefer spares.
Spares have more flavor and I enjoy them more than BB.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom