What to do with a head of cabbage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Melt some butter in a large skillet. Chop the cabbage up and fry it in the butter.....more like wilting it......yummmm!

allie said:
Melt some butter in a large skillet. Chop the cabbage up and fry it in the butter.....more like wilting it......yummmm!

been there, done that...luv it !!!!

get some chicken, cut in cubes and stir fry....add some asian noodles, cooked of course....smother in some good asian sauces, stir fry sauce, hoisin etc......chop your cabbage, add to stir fry, cook a bit and serve....yum yum :D

Well if that fine looking cabbage belonged to me I would make whut is called Cedric's Casserole. It purty good stuff..sort of a lazy boy's version of cabbage rolls. I like it tweaked up a bit so I took the liberty of posting the tweaked up version over in the beef recipe section. The original recipe has a few minor variants (all seeminly involving tomater soup which aint one of my favorite food groups) which can be found at the link below among other places. The kraut addition come from the Frugal Pervert's version of cabbage rolls. Sure does perk it up in my book.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,198,145 ... 99,00.html

bigwheel

Puff said:
Any ideas?

bigwheel said:
Well if that fine looking cabbage belonged to me I would make whut is called Cedric's Casserole. It purty good stuff..sort of a lazy boy's version of cabbage rolls. I like it tweaked up a bit so I took the liberty of posting the tweaked up version over in the beef recipe section. The original recipe has a few minor variants (all seeminly involving tomater soup which aint one of my favorite food groups) which can be found at the link below among other places. The kraut addition come from the Frugal Pervert's version of cabbage rolls. Sure does perk it up in my book.

bigwheel

Puff said:
Any ideas?

This is a general discussion area bigwheel and if you have comments to make about certain individuals why dont you keep them to yourself.......

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Puff said:
Any ideas?

Well being a Polish Yankee, seems your boy "Cedric" left out one mighty fine ingredient(Not the 'mater soup :roll: )

Rut row..never heard about nobody getting nagged at for bashing tomater soup. Guess the PC bizness has reached new levels. Now whut the missing Polish ingredient? Garlic maybe?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom