What did you get ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WalterSC said:
Lets see I got some good books : Steven Raichlen Ribs , Ribs, Ribs , The Redneck Grill by Jeff Foxworthy ( its really a BBQ cook book) , Dr. BBQ`S Barbecue All Year Long Cookbook , Dr. BBQ`S Big Time Barbecue Cookbook, Peace , Love , and Barbecue. New grill tools set with redwood handles , oak steak platter with carving knives , 2 boxes wine barrel wood chips, some smokey bbq rub, and 2 incoming WSM`S , will be here by the weekend. I got a great wife and family what can I say !!!
Walter......you made out dude!
WOW! :shock:

Congrats to everyone on their new goodies. Looks like a good year for most of us!

I got:

WingIt Chicken Wing Fryer
Hamilton Beach 3 qt. Crock Pot with carrying case
Vidalia Onion Cookbook (my home!! but was bought in SC....lol)
Comforter for my bed
Pjs
Lingerie
Sweater
Tshirt
The Sims 2 for PS2
$100 Gift Card
Honey Almond Bath set

Cliff H. said:
Does anybody want a WSM but not have one yet ?

Cliff I have 2 1/2 WSM's but would love another! Since nobody replied, can I have first dibs?? :LOL:

But all I really need is the lid and legs, then that will complete the 1/2 of a WSM I have!

Scarpetta's Winter Table by Patricia Cornwell

ZBQ, I got this one last year! I LOVE IT!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Les had a really hard time finding it. Finally, the last bookstore he looked in actually had one last copy of it hidden under the counter. lol I have quite a few of her books and have read them all. She is my favorite author.

Allie & ZBQ,

I must get my hands on that cookbook! Love Cornwell.

I own all of her books and John Sandford

working on Alexander McCall Smith now

Griff said:
My wife totally surprised me this year. This was put on my deck on Christmas Eve.

Griff
Man what a great surprise!
I'm sure Dats will echo that phrase ;)
Congrats Mr. Griff ;)

Griff,
You'll send that WSM off some deserving BBQ protogee as you have gotten one step closer to the BBQ gods. 8)

Enjoy, but don't brag too much about the ease in witch you produce bewitching Q, these guys can't take the pressure!

Griff said:
My wife totally surprised me this year. This was put on my deck on Christmas Eve.

Griff

Griff,
Congratulations!!! Here's a link to a board that mainly use Ceramic Cookers. I'm sure if you need some pointers, they'd be glad to help! Great group of guys too!

I'm interested to see if the extreme temps cause the egg to crack...and I'm not being a wise guy.....and let me know how it goes...I might be able to sell the mrs on one if it survives in the Alaska proving grounds.... ;)

Larry Wolfe said:
Griff said:

Griff

Griff,
Congratulations!!! Here's a link to a board that mainly use Ceramic Cookers. I'm sure if you need some pointers, they'd be glad to help! Great group of guys too!

Hey Larry, did you know that there's a guy on that site who's running a Holiday Special on something called Wolfe Rub? How dare he? [smilie=a_huh.gif]

Greg Rempe wrote:
I am anxoius to hear if you can get the 750* plus grilling temps I hear so much about...

Once after a smoking a fish I thought I would open up all the vents to "burn out" any lingering fish smell. I had done a brisket a few days prior so I'm sure the there was a build up of grease on the firebox and fire ring. :roll: About 20 minutes later I looked out the window and the smoke was bellowing out of Einstein. Thermometer was just over 600 degrees. At that point I thought better of my plan and shut off the vents. If I would have let it go, I think 700 would have been a possiblity. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom