Weekend getaway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Barb and I are spending Memorial w/e at my friend's winery again this year. Same as last year...beer, shooting contests and pig roast. It gets pretty nuts. Pics of it later.
But my buddy Steve and I had to stop at a local's house for something (we are in the country on the PA/NY border). A bear was sitting in the house's front yard eating bird seed from a feeder.
Also have some shots from the winery from last Feb's guy weekend when I cooked a pig on the MC. I'm back row, far right and Steve is next to me. Great crew.
You'll have to excuss me....some serious drinking needs to be done.
I'll be back later.
http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/bear/

Bears are notorious bird feeder raiders. The Fish and Wildlife people try to discourage the use of bird feeders in the summer here in Anchorage. It's also illegal to put out garbage the night before pick up day in the summer when the bears are out.

Send some of that cool air down here please... Have fun and be safe!!!

SSGT

The lady that lived there said the bear has 4 cubs which were most likely left in the woods. She said they are football size (great grilling). This bear has been around for a couple of years. She had a photo of it being humped by a big boar. That's a wall hanger...humping bears :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom