Website construction/hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use NetCentric for the TBBQF, they provide the software, I do the work, flat fee per month.

I use GoDaddy for my web site, same deal, they provide the software, I do the work, pay by the page - per month.

Scotty did some work for me too, good guy.

Same for Patrick at BBQ logos.

Gator

corndog said:
I have a question on servers..if you use their site to host, and their templates, would I be able to download the software and work on stuff "off line" , save it and then upload when I get back to a connection? I have a laptop so I could do the work were-ever, and then at the end of the day, just upload the updates? Thanks,

That's usually done on the server, so i doubt it.
Here's my favorite host...
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6739376

I had a guy who used to do work for my company load it. I took all the photos, wrote all the copy and such.A buddy designed my logo. Cost me $400.00. I use Network Solutions for hosting.

I think if you have your own tools - you can do it offline then FTP the files to the site and run it, most providers have an option for this type of hosting.

But if you are going to use the providers templates/tool's they are online - at least GoDaddy and NetCentric's are...Gator

I use Ray Basso's, from The BBQ Forum's, hosting service. It's nice to support BBQ forums whenever you can. Ray does a nice job and his service is excellent. He has tools to help you create your website yourself. My niece does mine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom