WBBQA Podcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks to Jim Minion for doing the show last night...it is up in the podcast section for your listening pleasure!

I would like to apologize to Jim for asking him questions he had already answered in the intervew. I think I did that 2 times...poor active listening on my part! :) In all honesty I was a little nervous! I don't get to talk to a hall of famer everyday ya know! :grin:

Thanks Jim...good info and a good time as well!

Griff said:
Thanks to both of you for the podcast. It's nice to hear about BBQ happenings west of the Mississippi.

Griff

Griff are there any KCBS contests in Alaska? Now that would be cool!

Does the WBBQA territory include Alaska?

Kloset BBQR said:
Griff said:
Thanks to both of you for the podcast. It's nice to hear about BBQ happenings west of the Mississippi.

Griff

Griff are there any KCBS contests in Alaska? Now that would be cool!

Does the WBBQA territory include Alaska?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Great Podcast Greg and Jim! Just when you think this board can't get any better, the "Boss" hits a home run! Good job, "Smoothie"! :winkie:

Thanks for the link Jim. I wonder how these teams from Alaska and Hawaii get their pits to the Jack. Maybe they just buy a couple of WSM's when the get there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I just read the article and it answered the question. The cooking team recruited relatives from around the midwest and south and they'll be cooking on 8 WSM's purchased for the event.

Think the reporter got his facts mixed up when he mentioned that midwesterners prefer vinegar based sauces and southerners tomato based sauces though.

So Alaska ensures that all 50 states are represented as well as 11 countries. I'd love to be there. Maybe some day!

Harold's brother Dale was our neighbor when I was in Nelsonville 2 years ago. He is a great guy and cooks exclusively on 3 WSM's. We had coffee and talked Q at 4:45am under his EZ Up trying to stay out of the rain.

The guy has forgotten more about Q than I'll ever know.

Kloset

There are no BBQ competitions in Alaska. I listened carefully to Jim Minnion's podcast when he listed the states in the WBBQA--no mention of Alaska. I'm thinking next summer I'll sponser the Alaska Invitational BBQ Competition and award myself a big assed trophey. Of course, I'll have to include a salmon category.

Griff

Griff said:
Kloset

There are no BBQ competitions in Alaska. I listened carefully to Jim Minnion's podcast when he listed the states in the WBBQA--no mention of Alaska. I'm thinking next summer I'll sponser the Alaska Invitational BBQ Competition and award myself a big assed trophey. Of course, I'll have to include a salmon category.

Griff

Griff, is there an Alaskan BBQ Society? :)

Boss

There is no Alaska BBQ Society. I've only seen a couple sporadic posts from other Alaskans on bbq sites. Ya think we should start a BBQ-4-U sanctioned "Alaska BBQ Society"? We gotta have a moose in the logo.

Griff

Griff
There was a competition in Alaska but it came together and happened so fast that it was not sanctioned by KCBS as an example. Harold won all four meats I believe. If the group in Alaska needs any help for next years contest we would be happy to help.
Jim

Greg Rempe said:
Griff said:
Kloset

Griff

Griff, is there an Alaskan BBQ Society? :)

Heck Greg, there's not even an Ohio Barbecue Society. Want to start one?

jminion said:
Griff
There was a competition in Alaska but it came together and happened so fast that it was not sanctioned by KCBS as an example. Harold won all four meats I believe. If the group in Alaska needs any help for next years contest we would be happy to help.
Jim

Jim, who do I need to contact about further info on this subject? Is the KCBS santioning process rigorous? We can't have one guy winning every category. Thanks.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom