WARNING! Possible Scam!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Hey yall, I got (Nearly) caught up in a scam involving magazines. A few month's ago I started gettin some magazines I never ordered, no bill no nothin, just started comin, never signed up fer em either.

Tonight, I get a phone call from some company that I couldn't catch the name of. First fella was named Roy, his boss, brice. Had some of my information, these guys are good. Calling to continue my magazines, got some personal info outa me because they new an awful lot, but then they started makin some mistakes, didn't have a home address, only new bout 1 magazine I got an asked what other ones I was gettin an so forth, then wanted to confirm all my information includin my mailin address. That's when I told him to cancel everything, he said they can't do that, I said I never ordered any magazines an unless he could send me a contract to the fact that I had I was done.

He threatend to send it to a collection agency an I told him I would be changin my card (he had some a the numbers, so I'm changin it first thing tammarraw) an contact the state attorney generals office. He then hung up.

So folks, be carefull if ya start gettin some free magazines an somebody calls ya up talkin fast. I'm usually perty carefull with my information an these guys got more outa me then usuall until I caught on.

When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about some guy claiming to be handicapped and selling off his rub recipes to pay for a new chair lift ... then you get the emailed recipes as promised and they suck, clearly not the bottled product the guy was selling.

What, you haven't heard of that old scam?

Shawn White said:
When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about some guy claiming to be handicapped and selling off his rub recipes to pay for a new chair lift ... then you get the emailed recipes as promised and they suck, clearly not the bottled product the guy was selling.

Those fake cripples will do anything to make a buck!!! BASTARDS!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Shawn White":2i3felxp]When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about some guy claiming to be handicapped and selling off his rub recipes to pay for a new chair lift ... then you get the emailed recipes as promised and they suck, clearly not the bottled product the guy was selling.

Those fake cripples will do anything to make a buck!!! BASTARDS![/quote:2i3felxp]Even using your name ... DISGUSTING!!

I still plan to order yours though Larry. :)

Shawn White said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2tykraqt][quote="Shawn White":2tykraqt]When I saw the thread title I thought it was gonna be about some guy claiming to be handicapped and selling off his rub recipes to pay for a new chair lift ... then you get the emailed recipes as promised and they suck, clearly not the bottled product the guy was selling.

Those fake cripples will do anything to make a buck!!! BASTARDS![/quote:2tykraqt]Even using your name ... DISGUSTING!!

I still plan to order yours though Larry. :)[/quote:2tykraqt]

They can use my name all they want, but there's only one ME! LOL :LOL:

Ya know, I've been wondering why all those issues of "Gimp Loving" showed up on my door. :?
Larry... please take me off your list. I can't drink beer when I'm too busy puking. :P :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom