Update on my Dad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Ok all thank you for the kind emails it has been a very hectic month here. My Dad was discharged from the hospital today. Yippee!!!!!!

Now in the mean time I have had the very talented teammate of mine John, completely paint and empty out our old office which is now my Dads room. John also installed the grab bars in the bathrooms to make them more user friendly for my Dad and he is currently in the process of redoing our shower so my Dad can use it safely. WE are retiling it with non skid tiles and installing grab bars within the tile work so he can use it with his shower seat and a PSW to aid him if necessary. He is now living with us full time until he is able to live on his own. (we are not sure when this will happen but I am going to be optimistic) It has been probably the most challenging month of my life. There was only two times the whole month I got to put my kids to bed and I have been at the hospital almost every evening.

We still have a long road ahead of rehabilitation and speech pathology with linguistics retraining but at least he is now out of the hospital. That is truly the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten having him out in time for Christmas.

If anything each day we have with our family members is precious. This is only the second Christmas without my Mom being here and I can't imagine how horrible it would have been if my Dad wasn't able to come out in time.

Thank you for the prayers and kind words. It is appreciated.

I really believe in the spirit of Christmas. Powerful stuff. Great to hear Danielle. Merry Christmas. I'm sure your dad being there is the best present you'll ever get. ;)

That's really good to hear Diva. Hospitals every day for a month is really tough duty. Dian and I hope your Christmas is special.

That is truly a great Christmas present Danielle, Hoping you and your family have a safe and Merry Christmas.

D when you get a chance shoot me a PM, I need to discuss something with you. No rush, whenever you have a few free minutes this week or wait until the weekend if that works better for you. Thanks!

Thanks to God for your Fathers recovery and getting to spend Christmas with you. That will make him happy and feel better and recover better. Tell Him we love him and we are praying for him and everyone else involved. God Bless you.

Love,

Lyndon and Faye. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom