tropical fruit down under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My wife, B-I-L, his wife and I are on vacation in Australia. We've spent the last four days in tropical north Queensland, very hot, very humid but a welcome change from Alaska this time of year. We stayed at a B&B (with no WiFi) that served this fruit bowl every day at breakfast. The fruits are all local and vine/tree ripened. The bowl contains mango, papaya, pineapple, dragon fruit (white flesh with black spots) and ranbutan (spiny red peel with white flesh).

Hope to have more time to post more pics later.

Wow Griff that looks tasty and glad to hear yall getting to thaw out a bit. Ya know a got a commie left wing cuz who lives down there? He an old retired prof from Rochester Univ. He hosted the Ugandan track team at his house when they had the Olympics down there a few years back. I think he mainly preaching to the choir since they all tend to have a left leaning tilt down there. Watch out for fires. I heard the whole place was going up in flames. Sit in the back of the plane and wear a parachute.

bigwheel

That looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing!

All the meals I've had in Australia were excellent as they use the freshest and local ingredients. From what I understand, they don't have large distribution companies like Sysco so a lot of times, the ingredients were made or harvested recently.

Another cool thing about Australia (at least where I went) was that they don't charge for wine tasting. Apparently the wineries would have to get some sort of liquor license since they are technically serving alcohol for money, but giving away alcohol isn't against any law.

All looks good Griff. Except that spiny thingy. :shock:
Take lots of pics while you're there.
Looking forward to more reports. 8)

Hey Griff when a person flushes a turd do it really whirpool outta there backwards as is claimed by some? Do tornadoes and cyclones twirl in the opposite direction than whut we get? Did you see any cute Aborigines ladies? I seen a documentary on TV which showed em shooting wild house cats with pellet guns then they roast it on a bed of coals guts feathers and all. When it time eat it puffs up about the size of a basketball. Notice any of that kinda bizness? Thanks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom