Traffic Stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob In Fla.

Head Chef
This traffic stop was in my front yard...

img_251102_0_48cb50557c670a1aab0dde9b1293f1ea.jpg

img_251102_1_ae6d8bead62d26f756cc2315e61b98dd.jpg

img_251102_2_1645f92b901ef712ff0e4fea77bdfc59.jpg

img_251102_3_a85a6e87ee8d70483bd84c594dd9e79f.jpg

img_251102_4_54e56fb94e009a508d1914ed006e6923.jpg

img_251102_5_5a257b88f3125f4602846ae004eb3e69.jpg

In the hour that I watched them, they caught 6 speeders in this residential neighborhood.
The kid in the passenger seat of the red car got to pet the newest Sherrif's Department trainee at about $33 per stroke.

Anyone can see a cop car set up a mile away, but they didn't notice the horses. LOL

BOB

I am guessing they pull the horsy crossways of the road and point their arms. I would not want to hit a a Clydesdale in my shiney new Toyoter.

bigwheel said:
I am guessing they pull the horsy crossways of the road and point their arms. I would not want to hit a a Clydesdale in my shiney new Toyoter.
Exactly. He pointed with the radar gun and his free arm. The deputy is sitting up higher than the roof of a normal sized pick-em-up-truck, and the horse is standing completely across one lane. The woman in the white car didn't really want to turn into the side street, but with the horse and rider so much larger and blocking the road, she didn't have much choice. That was her getting tracked by the radar gun in the picture right before hers.

There is a bicycle/walking trail across the field in the background, and they excersize the horses and patrol the trail frequently on horseback. I guess they saw people speeding down the road, and decided to give this plan a test. I'm guessing it won't be the last time.

BOB

They way people text and drive, talk on the phone and drive, all sorts of stupid shit and drive, it takes some balls to pull in front of a speeding car.

Good point.

It's a residential area, speed limit is 30. From what I saw, the horses could move (I hope!) out of the way pretty quickly.

The horses are actually officers themselves, with the penalty for hitting one of them the same as assaulting an officer.

Orange County (Orlando) has about a dozen Mounted Patrol Officers, and use them for large gatherings like the Citrus Bowl, Orlando Magic events and normal night time activities, mostly for visibility. Even stupid people aren't quite as stupid when they Orlando's version of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

dledmo said:
They way people text and drive, talk on the phone and drive, all sorts of stupid shit and drive, it takes some balls to pull in front of a speeding car.
just in general people drive like assholes. Add the cell phone and it becomes a big shit storm!

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

A dirtbag with a load of drugs in the trunk will blow through the horse and cop. Kind of a hairy way to make stops. I wonder what the horse thinks about the whole deal. I guess it beats being in a French butcher shop.

Nick Prochilo said:
dledmo said:
just in general people drive like assholes. Add the cell phone and it becomes a big shit storm!

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

AMEN!!!!!!! Colorado drivers clearly the worst in the US. Seems like every green light someone is to busy texting to realize it's green. When you honk at em' and motion "GO!" somehow it seems to be your fault. Now you got me all fired up!

Was the same set of issues back in the old CB Radio days. Folks be jack jawing and weaving around like real drunk drivers whilst giving smokey reports or looking for takers etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom