Toyota Comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: OK

kickassbbq said:
You guys are right. I just buy American when I can.
Have a GREAT weekend.
Smoke On!!!!!

Ed I'm not giving you a hard time, please don't think I am. But what exactly do you consider American?

American

Ya ready? Walmart!!!! Everything they sell is made in China.
Hell, we can't buy anything made in this country anymore, except Beef and Pork. (Thank God)
Only reason I bought a Ford is because my Brother gets me a heck of a discount. It really is no better vehicle than any of the others.If I have to start buying my BB Ribs from Mexico, I will really be pissed then.

Until then, at least I got ya going.

I am going out and snow blow 17" so I can get to my smoker (made in Georgia)

Have a GREAT weekend.
Smoke On!!!!!!

In regards to "American" vehicles and parts....

Next time you get the chance, check to see where the parts on that "American" vehicle were made?

Tim

Re: Glad

kickassbbq said:
I am SO glad that we DO assemble those cars. I worked in a factory ALL MY LIFE on assembly lines.
I am just talking about ALL of the money made from them goes overseas.
That's the problem. I do not complain about it.

I buy American because those boys and girls are on assembly lines, too.

Smoke On!!!!!

So what? :scratch In the end the only place they can spend a US Dollar is in the US. In the end, it comes back.

I guess I'm lucky. I have 4 Ford vehicles and have never had any problems. Well I shouldnt have said that. Now the frickin wheels will probably fall off.

Larry, do you use a hibachi too?

wboggs said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Oh my the haters are coming out of the wood work! I bet neither has ever owned a Toyota to have the opportunity and pleasure to drive such an unreliable vehicle, but they still bash them. I laugh when I run into a Ford or Chevy owner and they say, nothing will out last a Ford or Chevy, mine has 300K miles on it, and only 150K of that are on the new motor! Toyotas have proven their durability and reliability over the years and non-owners always tend to continue to bash them cause it's a Japanese company. Regarless, I consider myself fairly a smart man and I work hard for the money I earn and consider a vehicle purchase an investment. So I'm gonna spend my money on something that's gonna last and be reliable on the original motor/trans, as well as provide Americans with jobs! Don't hate the new Toyota because of it's superior quality, design, engineering and performance over all the other "comparable" trucks!!
NOT ME!!! I've only owned 2 American made vehicles in my life; both had major breakdowns prior to 15,000 miles. I've never owned a Japanese vehicle that I wasn’t able to put well over 100,000 miles with nothing but gas, oil changes and breaks. Americans manufacture vehicles that last 12,000 miles, then when it's on you; look out.

My comment was just being a bit of a smart ass; you would think Toyota would have made sure that comment wasn’t there.

I stand corrected and apologize! :D

DaleP said:
I guess I'm lucky. I have 4 Ford vehicles and have never had any problems. Well I shouldnt have said that. Now the frickin wheels will probably fall off.

Larry, do you use a hibachi too?

I'm almost afraid to answer! LOL No I don't own a hibachi.

I will say this...I know that foreign companies make cars here, and domestic companies make cars abroad. I know where the profits are going.

But as a capitalist in a free market society, I've only got enough economic power to buy the vehicle that gives me the most bang for my buck. If I could afford it, I'd buy an American made vehicle, but I drive
a Toyota truck because I think it will last the longest.

That said, in December, I spent about 1300 bucks on maintenance
and new belts and parts, and a week later, the check engine light
came on. Guess I'm unlucky. Still, I had a Ford Explorer that
dropped second gear less than a thousand miles after the warranty
expired, and that was a 2k repair.

OK

OK, thanks guys!!!

I have a BRAND NEW Ford (Bad Arse 4x4) truck. I just went out to the garage and it will not start!!!

As a matter of fact, I looked under it and the oil has all run out on the garage floor.

One of the tires is flat and I think it has a shock hanging down from underneath the bed.

Wish I had bought a Montoyobishumercad.
Smoke On!!!!!!

The whole point of this thread was to just show the comparison of the new Full Size Tundra to show Chuckwagon it's indeed a full size fully capable work truck.

Ed are you serious about your truck??

The only gripes I can think of with about foreign cars and trucks is interior space for tall people......but in the last 5-8 years all the manufacturers are quickly changing to accomodate the size of Americans.

I did watch a show one time on the Discovery channel about the designing of vehicles...........

Car makers pay a company a said amount of money to "design" a vehicle...

They then take that design and send it out to another company and pay that firm 4-5 times the "design amount" paid ...to have each and every part designed to wear out or break in a specified amount of time, use or mileage.

It's said that the original sale price of a vehicle is NOT where manufacturers make a big profit........the big profits come from repairs and replacement parts.

I'm not sure of all companies... but Ford and Mazdas get made on the same assembly line... and a vast majority of Dodge trucks are manufactured in Mexico.

I don't really care what brand I drive...just so long as it remains dependable.

Larry

I am not serious. Just being stupid like always.

I think anybody that makes a truck today probably has a pretty good vehicle.

I remember I had a little Chevy S10 and it was the WORST vehicle I ever had. Engine quit running at about 50,000.
I loved that truck, but it was JUNK.

I put about 3,000 miles a year on my trucks. They don't have a chance to fail or break. I trade them every 2 1/2 years and I do not drive them in the rain or snow. Only have to wash them 2 or 3 times then trade off.

That, I am serious about.
Wife asks, "Why do you even have that truck and bike? So I can dust them off on weekends. They sure are Purdy all Black and everything shining!!!!!
My Harley is a 2001 and it has 8,000 miles.

I don't get out much, boys.

Smoke On!!!!!

ROFL! I bought a new Chevy S10 about 20 years ago, kept it till it had
42k on it, it was the best running vehicle i ever had!

That said, it's apparent that if you can afford to buy new, do it, and get
rid of it at 40k.

I have Toyota and Dodge in the line up we sale. I'm the Fleet sales manager for a mega dealer. The comparisons are interesting and misleading in some ways.
As an example Toyota states that Dodge doesn't have traction control but dosen't mention that it has ESP or Electronic Stablization Program that use traction control, ABS and sensors for the state of the art control. All vehicles have to be equipped with ESP by 2010.

There are are examples of this kind of stuff from every manufacture.

The biggest problem I have with Toyota is the DOHC, that works well for cars but under a load OHV is a better system.

Jim

I like the Toyotas myself. My dad has a 06 tacoma and it is sweet. I dont beleive that BS that fords are american and toyotas are not. I dont drive yet but I have been saving my money for an older modle toyota pickup.

Chris

Interesting thread going here..some very valid and viable points being made on both sides... Having been involved in internationl trade, for many, many, years, and for a period of time, specifically between the US and Japan , I know there are business pratices endeavored by both sides in getting "one up " on each other, it's about being in business to make money, not making friends......... Japan, despite what you read in the everyday press, is extrememly protectionist....Since they are an Allie, and a strong one at that, not much dirty laundry is aired publicly, for the masses, about broken trade agreements, currency manipulation, innacurate reporting of documentation, benign embargos, and the like ... cars and argriculture are the industries that are glaringly obvious...... Just ask Detroit, Texas Cattelmans Association, or, for that matter, the Hinodie Rice Combine in California....without going into global geopolitical agendas, and past deeds suffice it to say that each side has it's " talking points" in the proganda wars....Japan is winning the propaganda wars , as we speak... just a little statistic for ya.. Toyota cars sales in the US last year .... almost 50% of the cars sold here last year were imported..... from Japan... put on a level playing field, open trade borders, Japan would suffer greatly.. they know it, the US knows it, the world knows it .. and Japan plays that card from the deck every time.. Do they build good cars.. sure they do...but, for every 200,000 miles Japanese car story that is tossed around, the is an equivelant, US manufactured car story...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom