Topsy Turvy Mater hanger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Any one ever used this item before? I found one on sale at BJ's for $8 and couldn't pass it up...I just hung it 2 days ago with a Beef Steak plant in it in hopes of a lot of nice tomatoes to grill later on. I haven't heard any one who actually used this item before...except for the folks on the TV commercial...and they all seem to REALLY love theirs! LOL!! :LOL: :LOL: :shock: :shock: :?

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 367
I have one and don't really like it. Plants naturally grow towards the sun so early last year my tomato plant started going up and the wind got strong one day and blew it hard enough to break the plant. I still got some tomatoes off it, but not many. I didn't put anything in it this year as I think just putting a plant in a big flower pot would work as well.

Well thanks for the input I had wondered about the contraptions myself. I checked with my old guest worker chum who works at the plant place about it and he said he didnt think it was a good plan because when the sun shined on it that would make the roots get too hot. Not sure on that deal.

bigwheel

Greg, there is now absolutely no freaking doubt you are a FULL MEMBER OF THE GAY PARTY!

Larry Wolfe said:
Greg, there is now absolutely no freaking doubt you are a FULL MEMBER OF THE GAY PARTY!

In that case I was just kidding, I don't have one.

Larry Wolfe said:

Because I want to grow tomatoes? Do me a favor, walk over here and say that to my face, uh, never mind...stay seated and kiss my ass! LOSER! :mrgreen:

Bought one for $9.99.
Planted a 'mater in it and that plant is growing better than the other ones I have planted in the ground. Looking into what JP said. It would be simple to make your own.
Add me to the gay party please. :mrgreen:

Wow that is very kewlish and everybody knows that home growed maters always tastes best. Great job. Now when I get one think it prudent to skip the 1500 buck custom made cast iron crook neck mater basket holder. Prob just tie it to a tree limb or something. Poor folks have poor ways ya know?

bigwheel

Wheel, it comes with a heavy duty J hook to screw in to something...in my case I put it in the header of my deck...FREE!!

Saw a person in the neighborhood using a Home Depot bucket with a hole in the bottom for the plant to stick out. Got it hanging from the deck. Inginuity at its finest!

Back
Top Bottom