Topsy Turvy Mater hanger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeppers good maters need a lot of sun and some hot weather sorta like but not as bad as okry. Or so I heard. I got two brown thumbs.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Yeppers good maters need a lot of sun and some hot weather sorta like but not as bad as okry. Or so I heard. I got two brown thumbs.

bigwheel

From bein inside someone's shitpipe?

Err no I dont think they make *hit pipes in that size. It's simply a euphemism for not being a very good gardener. Now I am good at growing monkey grass.

bigwheel

It seems my 'mater has now started the downward motion. It was headed straight for the stars.
But due to gravity It has given into pressure.
I'd like to hear about this monkey grass you speak of Father BW. 8)

Well the only way to kill monkey grass it is bag it up airtight in a high dollar plastic bag and set it on cement for a few years. That might kill it. It looks sorta like bermuda if a person keeps it mowed. Or you can just let it grow and mow paths down through it to wherever it is you might be wanting to go. Looks very neat and rustic. One notch above English Ivy for being shade tolerant. It likes sun too. I guess monkeys must eat the stuff or something. Not sure how it got the name. Might be where the monkeys like to wallow around when they mating etc.

bigwheel

Tri Tip said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2c5gxaa9]I'm with Larry, anybody who can't grow tomatoes like a man must be gay! Puff, take note!

I grow Beefsteak tomatoes. Does that qualify. Mmmmm Beafsteak![/quote:2c5gxaa9]
:shock: :LOL:
Greg are you trimming and plucking the first blossoms? Yes?

Greg Rempe said:
Puff, I have no idea what that even means!
Trim off the stems at the bottom of the plant and pluck the first blossoms. Makes the plant stronger.

Well I come with some good news from Wally World. They have acres of upside down tomater hangers which grow cherry maters out the top and big boys out the bottom. Only 4 bucks each. Or..you can get the standup model for 15. Its real fancy. I would grabbed a bunch but I didnt have no place to stash it. Noticed some boxes had a prominent ezpiry date of 12/10. Prob be good to get some fresh ones on the shelf by Christmas and it rapidly getting way too late in the year to start outside growed tomaters from seed. No wonder I smartened up and did not buy one. Got to get up purty early in the morn to outslick the Waltons ya know?

bigwheel

:roll: I've hated rules for years......but out of respect for Greg and his truly educational post I shall follow tradition.............. :mrgreen:
The SOB has begun a reach for the stars again. Blooms will be left on now.
Another 2 feet and it will hit the ground.

img_221119_0_c15f4710843df2731f599d075cb2572f.jpg

img_221119_1_56359c83aacaa3f4bc1f49b36189cb2d.jpg

Nice looking vines. Lets hope a certain someone dont see this deal. He could have them hung all over the deer lease by next spring. Maybe a little Trainwreck dangling outta the bottom where the tomater seeds used to be. Yeppers now I'm getting the picture so to speak. Barney would *hit a meat axe over that deal huh? It would prob be purty easy to kill the poor Bambi which might accidentally eat some of it. Could turn into a great hunting resort of some type.

bigwheel

Give it a good switching. That will make them listen to reason. Works the same way on porch monkeys.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom