Those of you that cater....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome Grill! I'm not a big caterer, but I've done some. It started with doing some free cooks for friends on location. Doing it away from home is key, as you need experience on being mobile.

These guys will talk afterwards in the community. Now contact some churches or local civic groups (LionsClub, Mooses) and tell em you'll donate your time and cooker for a fund raiser. This is a great step, because now you've got strangers talking about you.

It may take a few of those, but just tell everybody you meet you're starting to cater, have business cards ready, and try to get as much word of mouth as possible!

Captain,

You talking about Hank as in King of The Hill or Henry Hill, Ray Liotta's character in Goodfella's (who is somewhere in witness protection or maybey even inside that barrell)?

If its the latter, I don't know him, never seen him, couldn't pick him out of a lineup!

http://www.goodfellahenry.com/

Believe it or not, I did a phone interview with Henry Hill..he had book come out a couple of years ago, and if pretty much out of hiding.

I am catering now. I started for small family groups and moved up to medium sized golf outings. Cook free food for people who are in positions to help you out . Also, try and do charity gigs where potential paying customers may taste your food. Brag your food up too! Last year, I cooked for :

1) 30 of my fellow workers
2) 35 of my wife's fellow workers
3) a golf outing of 75
4) several parties of 20 or so.

This summer, I am cooking for:

1) Two Graduation parties of 100+
2) Class reunion of 200
3) Golf outing of 75
4) Company picnic of 200
5) Company Picnic of 100
6) Private party of 50

Just go for it brother! Oh, and......don't make anyone sick! [-X Woodman

I believe that, if you make a truly good product, and love what you do; the world will beat a path to your door! Woody

Oh no!!!!!! All paying gigs to be sure. Most of last years gigs were free. This year it is for money!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom