This morning in south Texas for me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Got up at 0200 and played around with the chat room and downloaded other programs. Loaded up my truck at 0500 and stopped at Valero on Rodd Field Rd. for a Monster drink and some ice. Drove down SPID to Padre Bali Park and entered the park. Drove past Bob Hall Pier to the south. The pier is open and free. I parked South of the pier about 500 yards. Set up rod holders and baited up in the dark. Oh, I used the LED lanterns I bought. Caught about 7 good sized whitings and one Pomp before the cold front hit. I saw a rainbow over King ranch too. Tried to get a picture but it didn't come out good. Here's some pictures from my morning fishing alone. It was very peaceful......

dsc05293291944zj1.jpg

dsc05303304378bg4.jpg

dsc05313315509sf9.jpg

dsc05343360207hq8.jpg

dsc05383469790yt8.jpg

dsc05403524227la2.jpg

dsc05464233829hp6.jpg

dsc05544362710dw0.jpg

dsc05554424643jn6.jpg

dsc05594477448xb2.jpg

Sounds like yall had a fine day there! Neat lookin fish to. I really like the spud cannon mounted on the back a yer truck, bet that keep them tailgaters off yer bumper eh!

Thanks for the pics SS. After looking at your pics, I had a flashback to mornings watching the sun come up with good friends sitting in a duck blind. It made me smile. Thanks.

Great pics Sapo. I did a lot of fishing off that particular pier..tried to help fat ladies who accidentally sit down on Hardheads etc. I always faithfully took injured sea gulls to the Ranger Station for First Aid. After several years I axed em one time.."Whut do yall do to help them injured sea gulls?" The fella say, "Well all we do is pull off their haids and throw em in the dumpster." Color me disillusiioned on that deal. From then on I just left em alone. Figger they have mo betta fortunes with the coyotes than with the Rangers. At least it give them a "sporting chance" as John Eubanks was always quoted as saying on the Jerry Clower hilly billy comedy narratives.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
Sapo your pictures remind me of gro2wing up in North Carolina.......beautiful!

Did the Juvenile Detention Center have a room with an ocean view?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom