This Months MVP ( Most Valuable Poster)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
That's right... It's that time again.
Because Greg decided to drop this much loved feature of BBQ-4-U I thought I would pick up the slack and cover up for his shortcomings.

To that end, it is a pleasure to announce that Chris Finney is this months MVP. =D> =D> =D> In past months the person who received the most votes won, but this month it was a unanimous decision. The vote was counted, and it went to Chris. I want to thank the person that took the time to vote for his effort. =D> =D> =D>

Chris' tireless promotion of this site and the art of BBQ makes him a natural selection. He is always willing to jump in and help the BBQ illiterate get past their stupid newbie mistakes.

Whether it is helping you understand that you can't make 'TRADITIONAL BBQ' any other way than a WHOLE PIG, low and slow OVER DIRECT HEAT, or convincing you that stick burners are just a waste of good sticks. He has also pioneered the process to torch cut old fuel oil tanks without the need to drain the oil saves valuable cooking time. You can even use the resulting fire to start your first hog. :!:

Chris also started "TBA" (Texan BBQrs Anonymous), to give Texans a place to work through the realization that pork, and only pork is the true meat of BBQ. His 12 step program and his documentary entitled, "Don't be a Butt, eat one" have helped countless pork eating Texans come out of the meat closet and drop their 'beef beards'. 8-[

Many people don't know that Chris was the first American to BBQ in 'outer space'. :)

Even President Bush declared that "Chris is a fine A-merr-a-can", and "Is guiding the country to a higher calling"... "The Nuk-ler of BBQ has a leader". :^o

When he heard of this months pick, Emeril was quoted as saying "BAMM". And thanked Chris for loaning him the "Pork Fat Rules" slogan. :razz:

Jim Minion was reached via phone after the vote tally and confessed that he stole the 'Finney Fire-up" and renamed it the 'Minion Method'. He said that it was the years of guilt that caused his beard and hair to turn gray. [-X

Captain Morgan said that Chris instrumental in his realizing that he could us BBQing and not just sex to feel 'pretty'. :)

Steven Raichlen said that he couldn't thank Chris enough for his book title change suggestion... "the BBQ Koran"... "what was I thinking?", "Those people don't even eat pork" #-o

Paul Kirk added, "Chris's BBQ knowledge is only exceeded by his post count". And, "Hey... How'd Cappie get in front of him?. :)

Ray Basso said, "I would never kick Chris off my site... and that's saying a lot". :-X

Danny Gaulden admitted that "My briskets just wouldn't be the same if that little kid wouldn't have stumbled in to my DQ all those years ago". "Started yelling at me", "hey old man... you're doing it all wrong". "I told him if he new so much to get his young ass over here and show me". "And he did" "My briskets haven't been the same since". :(

Any way..... Congratulations Chris Finney on you MVP title.
As part of his award, Chris will receive 500 bonus posting points (which should bring him back to Cappie), Larry Wolfe's new Gator Pit, and the admiration of everyone at BBQ-4-U. =D> =D> =D>

Thank you all... well... the three of you anyway.
I couldn't have done it without me. 8-[
I'm just glad I could be here for all the unknowing and undeserving little people. And even some of you that aren't so little.

Hey Pigs... I know the guy that does the picking now. It might be easier for you to win than you think. :!:

Mr., Finny, I thought your post was one of the best I had the pleasure of reading in a while.Good one indeed! :grin: For some, I don't think they understood the honer you recived :grin:

Mr. Finney, it sounded like LudaCris helped you write your Self Proclaiming MVP Post! Could there be any truth to that??

But anyways, congratulations on the well deserved MVP. Everynight when I say my prayers I thank God for guiding me in the right direction. Or I would have never had to opportunity to learn from the true Pitmaster you are. I am sure there are many many other backyard Q'ers that have perfected BBQ, by learning from you. Without you, I'd still be making pulled pork in the microwave. You are definitely in the Jim Minion, Chris Lilly, Paul Kirk caliber. No let me set the record straight, you are in a class of your own. Thank you Mr. Finney (aka, Dr. BBQ) for willing to share your infinite knowledge with the rest of us.

Sincerely,
Steven Raichlen

Congratulations Chris. I am one of those that has benefited by your extremely knowledgeable and acromonious posts. I am here by recognizing Mt. Plesant South Carolina as the only true BBQ mecca on the planet. It has been an honor and a privledge to be one of the larger little people you have bestowed your vast Barbecue Specific knowledge toward.

Great Guy that Finney

Jack

:faint: :craze: :ack: :faint: :craze: :ack: :faint: :craze: :ack: :faint: :craze: :ack:

I'm over it now....Congratulations Chris!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom