Thin Fried Catfish and Hush Puppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Well along with a bunch of other chores around the house Sunday I drained the old oil from the outdoor deep fryer, cleaned it out and put new oil in it.
On Friday I picked up a few pounds of infamous wild caught Des Allemands catfish which I cut into thin almost wafer thin nuggets. Before that I whipped up a batch of hush puppies. With the fryer up to 370* I slowly started frying the hush puppies which came out light tender and not greasy at all. The fish was next and it was marinated for about ten minutes with plain yellow mustard and then battered with Cajunland Fish Fry. It's hard to beat hot thin fried catfish fried to perfection. That being where the batter is crisp yet the fish is moist and tender. This was some addictive stuff. I had to force myself to stop eating.
img_254006_0_53e01ab84dfc02799175b46c3dfe858b.jpg

img_254006_1_5bb6f6093e0f2a1592f097421c3c0d59.jpg

img_254006_2_6d98158bf560a95316d3f71347a365fe.jpg

Dang that looks good. I'm with you on the thin and crunchy catfish. Fine looking pups too. Sure the Pintos are just outside camera range.

Wished Obamie get Congress to give us a LIKE button installed on here. What would that take? Some of this action might require some old geezers to take extry heart pills because of becoming over stimulated and stuff like that. Sure it gettting some of the hitherto mentioned uncouth folks incensed to say the least. I met a new cute girlfriend just this evening. Boys afternoon out with the Guys. She seems to be nice but dont give her access to the checking account until yall get mo betta acquainted. She has an accent like a Yummin Yimmenie from the Frozen North of Scandanavia with Brown eyes and blonde hair with cheek bones and not real tall. Not sure about yankmes but that could be prone to put up a warning beacon in God's Country. She has other pics where she has dark hair. My hope is she take the Baby Boy under her wing and teach him how to shoot pool right. Down at Broncos Sports Pub and Grill she is called Mary, She whupped the pool shark welder three games in a row. She might be for real.

http://www.Maryavina.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom