The start of a new career

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Okay, I turned in my badge and gun on friday :-( . I pick up my firefighter helmet on tuesday :D . WISH me luck! ;)

Congratulations on your new career! As a retired police officer with 27 years of sevice I am curious though(just our nature)....WHY?

Congratulations on your new career! As a retired police officer with 27 years of sevice I am curious though(just our nature)....WHY?

I just got burned out. Needed a change. The judges in Charlottesville are way too liberal for me. I keep putting them in and they keep letting them go. We had a guy who stabbed a UVA student 28 times and killed him. The suspect got 3 years (SELF DEFENSE :shock: )! The other problem is the PD doesnt back the troops. You can have 100 ada boys and one minor mistake and your hung out to dry, not that it has happend to me. I thought about joining another force but they couldnt meet my salery. The transfer to the FD is a lateral move. Everything transfers over. Retirement, salery and bennifits. Seemed to be a sign for change :D . I also thought it would be a great way to show my skills as a cook. I havent started yet and already have the three shifts fighting over me. I did supply their BBQ for the christmas dinner. ;)

yeah, I'd say self defense was achieved after the first 5 or 6 stabs.
What's ridiculous is the hoops law enforcement has to go through to get a conviction.

Greg,

I think once your past 19, "...a lot..." is pretty subjective. What's "a lot" to you may not be "a lot" to Chris F. :axe:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom