The Meatrix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NO NO !!! I CAN'T TAKE IT! GIVE ME THE BLUE PILL QUICK!! I WANT TO LIVE IN MY ANIMAL FANTASY LAND...AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :eek:

Thanks pigs! I think I'll have some freshwater seafood tonight. Hey Woodman got a good recipe for fresh water Tarpon? :grin:

The book Fast Food Nation touches that subject too. I didn't eat any meat for about 3 days after reading it. I didn't eat hotdogs for the longest time.
A few weeks ago, I drove into Central CA and passed some dairy farms. Ewww I almost wanted to throw up from the smell. I can't even imagine how much worse it must be in the summer...and for sure I really don't want to know what's in linguica.

Aw come on... You haven't lived until you've driven past a farm when they are making "slurry".

I drive by 4 huge farms on my way to work, and have a corn field right past my back yard that gets "the treatment".

Your right Scott, We have a large scale commercial egg farm about 5 miles up the road, Stink? Whooo Weeee. Funny thing is that they sell antibiotic eggs for 4 times the cost of regular super market eggs, And brown eggs for about 3. I know a chick (pun intended) that works there and the egg-land eggs are better, Due to the fact that instead of having less numbers of hens in the layer house, But they still get there beak snapped off and sent to the soup factory after they molt.I get mine from a friends farm down the road that are "free range" and fed well with no BS. Here's a pics of some double yokes.

Well..... lets talk about this .... :rant:

First of all... Let me say that my wife and I own and operate a Turkey farm. We raise 5 flocks of 15,000 birds a year and are under contract with a large poultry company.

Yes, there are SAFE and CONTROLLED antibiodics in the feed and due to government regulations, most other medications that were once used are now government banned for the SAFETY OF THE CONSUMER.

Yes, these birds are debeaked and declawed to prevent damage to other birds within the farm.

No, they are not confined so much as to prevent free movement. They are given proper ventilation and dead birds are removed at least twice daily.

Now... here is the BUT... to all this commercial farming....

Our country loses thousands and thousands of agricultural land each year to commercial and residential developments. This country has continued to grow and we must sustain agricultural land to support this surge in population. The other alternative is to import these food products and I really dont think we want Mad Cow beef or Brid flu poulty.

Believe me, our governments control over commercial farms delivers the consumer the safest food products by far over other countries.

Ok.. I am getting down off my soap box now. And am ready for any comments.

Gary

wdroller said:
Sounds very good to me. Do you sell to the public there at your farm?

Nope.. we are under contract with a Large company... the birds are theirs, they provide the feed we just take care of em.. when they are ready.. they come get em, load em on the trucks and process them.

Keep Bull Shiting your self and you will have plenty of money in the end. The government will pay you not to produce. Sorry Gary, your caught up in the "commercial farming corp." Good for you. When the government tells you or commercial farming tells you what to do, Way to go.What about the PICK program of the early 80's ? Guess you were not around for that deal. And about removing dead birds? Why should there be any dead birds? We lost the farm thanks to the government. If you can cash in, Why not? After all it's the all mighty dollar your after!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Keep Bull Shiting your self and you will have plenty of money in the end. The government will pay you not to produce. Sorry Gary, your caught up in the "commercial farming corp." Good for you. When the government tells you or commercial farming tells you what to do, Way to go.What about the PICK program of the early 80's ? Guess you were not around for that deal. And about removing dead birds? Why should there be any dead birds? We lost the farm thanks to the government. If you can cash in, Why not? After all it's the all mighty dollar your after!

This sounds a lot like what you said about Raichlen... :eek:

Greg ... remember this SNL skit?

http://www.smithappens.com/video_clucky.php
Something's always cookin' at the Cluckin' Chicken!

First my head's cut off! Heads up! Then I'm plucked and gutted - my intestines are pulled out. Trust me, you don't want 'em! Whee!

Look at me! I'm gettin' quartered and split breasts, wings, the whole nine yards! Chopitty, chop! Then the pieces of me get flame-broiled. Hear that sizzle? That's me!

ScottyDaQ said:
Greg ... remember this SNL skit?

http://www.smithappens.com/video_clucky.php
Something's always cookin' at the Cluckin' Chicken!

First my head's cut off! Heads up! Then I'm plucked and gutted - my intestines are pulled out. Trust me, you don't want 'em! Whee!

Look at me! I'm gettin' quartered and split breasts, wings, the whole nine yards! Chopitty, chop! Then the pieces of me get flame-broiled. Hear that sizzle? That's me!

You know I do Scotty!!

Back
Top Bottom