The Contender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
Anyone check out The Contender Last night. Loved the drama. True Rocky type performance in the underdog beating the undefeated fighter.

Kind of a Rocky meets Survivor type show done by the master Mark Burnett.

Kloset

I watched it for a while but it's just too much like a reality show, which it is, and which I hate! :evil:

JMO...

Oh well too each his own. But in this case the fighters were real and so was the drama. The fights count on each guys record. Has to hurt to put an undefeated record on the line, I think it was 21-0 and lose to the underdog. Great drama though.

One guy, tragically has already committed suicide.

The fight last night was great. I just wished they would have shown the entire 5 rounds unedited.

Kloset

It's ALWAYS funny to see an out of shape boxer kick the crap out of the guy who thinks he is top of the heap!! :D

Is anyone watching this show? Last night one of the best fights ever. Total slugfest. Lots of blood.

Nothing better than watching fights and eating Q.

Check the show out next week 2 fights, half the remaining field is eliminated. Final 2 fighters fight for $1 million at Caesers Palace.

Wife and I are big fans...that West cost fighter gave a great performance...if his leg wouldn't have acted up in the 3rd round he would have knocked Lange out by the middle of the third...Lange was a joke, got beat by a guy with one leg..and 2 fists, of course!! :D

The West coast has dominated this competition. Have you noticed that the underdogs have won just about every fight?

And the East team what a bunch of losers. That eighteen your old kid that dropped out because his eye was cut and his hands hurt.

Heart wins over so called talent every time.

I tivoed the show last night and did a slow mo through next weeks fights. I noticed that the they brought back Ishe Smiths nemesis Ahmed "Baby Face" Kaddour. Should make for some interesting times in the house. That guy talks a lot better than he fights. He fights next week.

What a fight!

Did anyone catch last night's fight? This show is terrific. I guarantee you if you watch this show you'll be hooked. If you watch this show and aren't moved you've got no heart or soul. Last night had everything. It started out as a bloodbath, fighter has ribs broken in first round, fights on despite pain, wins, third and fourth round, sets up climactic final round. Head butt that requires 40 stitches ends fight, judges go to score card to determine winner, split decision, fighter taken to hospital. This is the best reality show in the history of television hands down.

Here's the link to last night fight. Take a look. You'll need broadband to watch this fight

http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/index.html

Click on the link under Bloody Victory.

Next week fills out the final four. Then one more fight and the show moves to Caesers Palace where the final two fight for one million dollars.
Someone's going to get killed (well someone already has actually). Better fights then you'll see on HBO, Showtime, et al

Chris Finney said:
I wish Scott Savol was on that show! =D> #-o 8-[

Scott only fights women. He'd get his ass kicked in the house on this show and never make it to the ring.

I doubt if he ever fights again. He has to get his ass kicked before he starts to fight............both his fights were classics though.

Last night was a great fight. I've always thought middle weights were the best fights to watch. I think Joey might have pulled it off but for the brutal head butt. Does any one know if the final fight is going to be more than 5 rounds? Although I got to admit they "fight" a lot more in these five rounders.

Griff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom