The Contender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah 30 seconds per round of fighting,these girls would get there heads ripped off in a real proffesional fight.
Any one of the top 20 middleweights right now would play with these girls and then make us all look silly, for watching such siliness.

Griff said:
Last night was a great fight. I've always thought middle weights were the best fights to watch. I think Joey might have pulled it off but for the brutal head butt. Does any one know if the final fight is going to be more than 5 rounds? Although I got to admit they "fight" a lot more in these five rounders.

Griff

Griff, I believe the final is also five rounds. Should be a great fight. Winner takes all ..........$1 million. The fight will be held May 24th at Caeser's Palace Tickets went on sale the other day and sold out in 5 minutes.

BBQmmm said:
Yeah 30 seconds per round of fighting,these girls would get there heads ripped off in a real proffesional fight.
Any one of the top 20 middleweights right now would play with these girls and then make us all look silly, for watching such siliness.

John, the rounds are three minutes long not 30 seconds. The fights are real. Wins and Losses are recognized on each fighters record. You won't find any better drama in boxing than these kids giving it all to get a shot at a title controlled my corrupt promoters. One guy tragically has committed suicide after losing his fight. It doesn't get any more real than this.

I agree with Kloset...these are good fights...I am sure they edit out some dancing but for the most part, these guys are head hunting!

I doubt Joey would have pulled the fight off...Manfredo is a better fighter all around...he'll win in the end I think!!

Kloset BBQR said:
BBQmmm said:

John, the rounds are three minutes long not 30 seconds. The fights are real. Wins and Losses are recognized on each fighters record. You won't find any better drama in boxing than these kids giving it all to get a shot at a title controlled my corrupt promoters. One guy tragically has committed suicide after losing his fight. It doesn't get any more real than this.

I know it's real,i know the rounds are 3 minutes long,but i also know there are no real champions fighting there.Ever see a true midleweights handspeed?Sure your thinking,yeah
these guys are fast,but if you put anyone of them in the ring with say a
Oscar Delahoya,well i'll tell you,none of those girls will last the first 20 punches in about 3 seconds.
Sure looks good,cuz there all good boxers,but that's like racing with your buddies at a racetrack,oh yeah we good,and then you go for a spin with a profesional racer,and you can't wait to get off the ride,meanwhile praying the whole time!!!. :grin: Hey did you just call me an outhouse? =D>
You know the first 4-5 episodes i watched,till the camera slowdowns
got to me,30 seconds per round,Stallone saying"Did you see that"
Ahh no i didn't cuz they keep showing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't watching anymore,better things to do.
Oh who seen Stalones racing movie?
"Ahhhhhhh you want me to drive"?That's when i took out the tape!

I like your thinking Chris. You know Scott's from Cleveland. As an alternative, I say we invite him to Smokestock 2005 and let him go to town on Woody's beans but don't expect me to pull his finger!

BBQmmm said:
Kloset BBQR said:
BBQmmm said:

I know it's real,i know the rounds are 3 minutes long,but i also know there are no real champions fighting there.Ever see a true midleweights handspeed?Sure your thinking,yeah
these guys are fast,but if you put anyone of them in the ring with say a
Oscar Delahoya,well i'll tell you,none of those girls will last the first 20 punches in about 3 seconds.
Sure looks good,cuz there all good boxers,but that's like racing with your buddies at a racetrack,oh yeah we good,and then you go for a spin with a profesional racer,and you can't wait to get off the ride,meanwhile praying the whole time!!!. :grin: Hey did you just call me an outhouse? =D>
You know the first 4-5 episodes i watched,till the camera slowdowns
got to me,30 seconds per round,Stallone saying"Did you see that"
Ahh no i didn't cuz they keep showing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ain't watching anymore,better things to do.
Oh who seen Stalones racing movie?
"Ahhhhhhh you want me to drive"?That's when i took out the tape!

You don't think any "REAL" middleweight would have shown up, do you?? They had to have someone to fill the spaces...now ODLH, Bernard Hopkins, Felix Trinidad, Sugar Shane...all in one house?? NO WAY...they would have never made it to the ring for any of the fights...they needed some lame fighters to interact with each other. :!:

I do like the ass kickings though...mediocre or not!

I still say, your're witnessing some of the best fights you'll ever see. That's what you get when you put a bunch a kids that have nothing and let them fight under a winner take all format for a million bucks. I still think there's some talent in this field...........definiitely a lot of heart. Would love to see one of these guys picked up by a top notch manager and see what they could do with them.

Sunday's fight had as much non-stop fighitng as rockem sockem robots, except these guys were real. Broken ribs, blood & gore, head butts, having to go to the judges scorecard in the final round to determine the winner.........now that's what I call fighting, not some Don King production where these overweight, out of shape heavyweights show off their ineptitude while holding on to each other in some kind of boring slow waltz dance. I want to see more of Contender like boxing in sports. Those are the kind of fights I will pay to see.............modern day gladiators!

Kloset BBQR said:
I still say, your're witnessing some of the best fights you'll ever see. That's what you get when you put a bunch a kids that have nothing and let them fight under a winner take all format for a million bucks. I still think there's some talent in this field...........definiitely a lot of heart. Would love to see one of these guys picked up by a top notch manager and see what they could do with them.

Sunday's fight had as much non-stop fighitng as rockem sockem robots, except these guys were real. Broken ribs, blood & gore, head butts, having to go to the judges scorecard in the final round to determine the winner.........now that's what I call fighting, not some Don King production where these overweight, out of shape heavyweights show off their ineptitude while holding on to each other in some kind of boring slow waltz dance. I want to see more of Contender like boxing in sports. Those are the kind of fights I will pay to see.............modern day gladiators!

Nothing will ever beat Rocky VS Apollo.....oh and screw Tomy Gun he's a rat bastard!

Kloset BBQR said:
I like your thinking Chris. You know Scott's from Cleveland. As an alternative, I say we invite him to Smokestock 2005 and let him go to town on Woody's beans but don't expect me to pull his finger!

Kloset, I like you more with each post. And it's not because you have two great looking Klose pits.

I agree Sled...that Russian was a big mofo. It still makes me laugh when I see the guy that played Gorbachev, with the painted birth mark on his head.

Tough, tough fight.

Bruce B said:
I agree Sled...that Russian was a big mofo. It still makes me laugh when I see the guy that played Gorbachev, with the painted birth mark on his head.

Tough, tough fight.

The Russian fight didn't have the drama like the Apollo fights did. It was good watching him go back to basics to train.

My favorite other than Apollo of course was Clubber Lang (Mr T). Man did I hate that guy! I pity the fool! Plus wasn't he the one that killed Mickey or was that Drago (I vill crush you!) LOL!

Back
Top Bottom