The 25 Foods that Define North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their food editor is Kathleen Purvis.....she ain't playin around. I interviewed
last summer after an article she wrote on tomato sandwiches reignited the
Civil War.

Well think a person do good to only eat straight mater sandwiches if they was too broke to afford a slice of dead critter parts of some sort to go with. If they is forced into it tater chips pickles and mayo should taste purty good on there with the maters and onyawns.

bigwheel

Greg Rempe said:
I love a great tomato sammie!! That's why I gots that topsy turvy thingy!! :)

You probably pick your tomatoes off the topsy turvy while wearing a TuTu! I can deal with your lifestyle, but PLANT your tomato plants like a man, not like a Finney! :mrgreen:

Great list but I was kind of bummed about the chili dog.
No slaw mentioned. Wtf?

Tell ya a cute little waitress in Arkieville talked me into that slaw on a chili dawg deal once upon a time. Would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. Chili dawgs and reubens brats etc. is why the Lord give us sour kraut of course. Cole slaw should be reserved for pushed pork or as a side dish for good bbq or fried foods. Simple huh?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Tell ya a cute little waitress in Arkieville talked me into that slaw on a chili dawg deal once upon a time. Would flat gag a gut wagon maggot. Chili dawgs and reubens brats etc. is why the Lord give us sour kraut of course. Cole slaw should be reserved for pushed pork or as a side dish for good bbq or fried foods. Simple huh?

bigwheel

Sauerkraut on a chili dog? No thanks. I like my hot dogs only 3 ways:
1. Mustard and cole slaw
2. Mustard and sauerkraut
3. Mustard, chili, and onions

As for the list, "What, no liver mush??" :mrgreen:

Well I dont know why anybody would want a steamed dawg. Best is grilled closely followed by fried. Speaking the weenie part here of course. Now that bees in an ideal world of course. I have ate a million steamed dawgs..I even had a steamer moochine one time. They was good but not the cat's meow so to speak. Chili dawgs loaded up with kraut onyawns cheese and mustard is known as mess dawgs for them familiar with Der Weinersnitzel. I can do all but number 1.

bigwheel

Larry D. said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Sauerkraut on a chili dog? No thanks. I like my hot dogs only 3 ways:
1. Mustard and cole slaw
2. Mustard and sauerkraut
3. Mustard, chili, and onions

As for the list, "What, no liver mush??" :mrgreen:
:shock:

Larry D. said:
Puff said:
http://southerncuisine.suite101.com/art ... _livermush[/url]

I'd have to say liver mush is a tier above potted meat, Vienna sausages, and Banner sausage, in terms of the proportion of its ingredients that you really don't want to know are in there. :mrgreen:[/quote:3ixz2uwq]
No I are don't :shock:
So if I cut up the can of Spam I have it'll have the same effect?
I had no idea there was a "tier above" potted meat products :LOL:

Puff said:
I had no idea there was a "tier above" potted meat products :LOL:

I mean that the majority of the ingredients are simply pork liver, corn meal, and spices. I think there is very little of the "unmentionables" as compared to those other products (or Spam, for that matter). And it actually looks edible, unlike head cheese for example.

Price's Chicken Coop, thanks for the memory. Been 27 yrs since I lived in Charlotte and ate from da coop. Fried chicken I'm sure is still awesome. Fried perch was pretty dang tasty too.
Could only order to go, no dining on premises. Used to grab a dinner and head to Freedom Park to chow down.

Back
Top Bottom