The 10 Commandments of Grits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
The 10 Commandments of Grits
I. Thou shalt not put syrup on thy Grits
II. Thou shalt not eat thy Grits with a spoon or knife
III. Thou shalt not eat Cream of Wheat and call it Grits, for this is blasphemy ..
IV. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Grits.
V. Thou shalt use only salt, butter, and red-eye gravy as toppings for thy Grits.
VI Thou shalt not eat Instant Grits.
VII. Thou shalt not put ketchup on thy Grits.
VIII. Thou shalt not put margarine on thy Grits.
IX. Thou shalt not eat toast with thy Grits, only biscuits made from scratch.
X. Thou shalt eat grits on the Sabbath for this is manna from heaven.

Cappy, I've eaten fried grits with syrup on them. How many years in purgatory will that cost me?

I've also coveted my neighbors, grits, eaten toast with grits, and eaten grits on every day of the week.

I've started the obligatory Hail Mary's. Is there a patron Saint of Grits I can appeal directly towards for forgiveness! :LOL:

fried grits are ok, syrup is gonna cost you.

Coveting neighbors grits, I'm think about 10 minutes for
each offense. I hope. :oops:

Oh man....busted #2. And probably the instant ones as well. Never know what they serve at a restaurant. Did make me smile last night when my 15 yr old daughter (home all week with the flu) told me that a bowl of grits with a little butter and cheddar cheese would make her feel better. :D

Y'all better be careful !!!!!!!!!!!

MyCousinVinnyJudge.jpg

Well grits can be handled nicely. If some happen to accidentally wind up in a person's mouf..they should be spit out immediately then rinse with sour mash whiskey three times..but don't swallow it. Fourth time you turn it up it be ok to drink it. That is how us old S. Texas boys handle grits. Got to get E. of Dallas afore you start running into some of them imbred grit eaters.

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
"the utes?"

What?"

"did you say utes?"

"So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you 5 minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit eating world 20 minutes?"

john pen said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":185fimkn]"the utes?"

What?"

"did you say utes?"

"So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you 5 minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit eating world 20 minutes?"[/quote:185fimkn]

"Were these MAGIC grits?"

What's grits? Them mashed potatoes looking things they serve with breakfast down south? :roll:

Funny, about 15 years ago in GA me and a pal on a road trip in a dinner had breakfast. He asked me "what the hell are grits?" all I said is "don't eat them with a spoon" :LOL: Thanks Grandma! :D

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom