Thanks for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Thanks to all that kept me from overcooking the Prime Rib for my catering job on Friday. I cooked 2 whole prime ribs (boneless) on the smoker... (sorry.. no pics.. didnt have time.. not to mention.. I forgot the camera).... I cooked them at 300 for about 3.5 hours til they hit 130 degrees, foiled and dropped in the cooler... when I sliced them at the end of the buffet line (carving station style) they were a wonderful medium. I didnt want medium rare for the crowd... some dont like it that red... anyhow... these people raved over that stuff... it was great.. I rubbed with cajun and montreal steak seasoning... inserted garlic in slits I made... that was the best prime rib I ever had and was told the same thing by many at the dinner.

Thanks again for not letting me over cook it.

Gary

Gary...just for point of reference...my Mom made one for Christmas Dinner and she pulled it out of the oven when the internal was 108*...then she let it sit for a while and it was a perfect mid rare---but a shade on the rare side...just like I like it!!! But not for a catering event...people would think it was under cooked! :!:

the smaller one was just a bit pink where as the larger one (which was sliced first was between medium and medium rare.... I think it may have been a little too much on the rare side for some.. but i still got good comments. I figure medium pleases the crowd for the most part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom