Tejas 2040CC-(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbqfans

Cook
img_170506_0_4c71fdba95b6843b1513ac1625d20f13.jpg

I am (basically) just a backyard smoker, but I do do some parties and community functions.
After looking for the best part of a year at the many different smokers, and prices, I settled on this one. O.K., not a Klose, but I don't own a Cadillac either :!:
I am a dedicated stick burner( starter fluid taste terrible), and choose not to use the bag stuff, opting for the true wood taste.
Long story short, does anyone else have a unit like this? And how do YOU use it? Brickettes , Lump (too high cost for me), or splits?
-Mods? Tuned?-

Just curious, I Love mine and wanted to see what others thought?????

Thanks,
Stan a.k.a. bbqfans [/b]

Nice looking pit you have there. I use mostly wood and a little charcoal to cook with. I use the gas hook up very little. Usually when I'm finishing a cook up.

bbqfan, I use a bed of charcoal to start and then put some smaller kindling to get a really nice bed of coals started...of course keeping a good bed of coals is harder to do if you don't make some firegrate mods. Uncle bubba gave me a few tips.

First, go to a fab shop and have them tac on another firegrate running opposite direction to help hold the good coals up. Also, go to HD and get some on inch stock and out it under the grate feet...this will add some more height to keep the fire out of the askes. I also crack my ash pan just a bit to help the aire get under the fire as well...these have helped me a lot...but you still have to throw some wood in that bad boy every hour or so! :D

Aaron said:
Hey Greg not to get nit picky the gents name is BBQFANS :? ,BBQFAN or QFAN is Mike Kerslake of Dizzy Pig fame.
Aaron

I'll bet somebody has to dress him in the morning too. :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom