Swedish Meatballs................well kinda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay this was a lazy dish, I made it from what we had cause I didn't want to go to the store. Don't laugh at the ingredients, cause this stuff rocked!!

2 Envelopes of brown gravy mix
1 can of Coke
2 cups of Milk
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS Butter
Little Garlic and onion powder and salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 big bag of frozen meatballs

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil and let simmer 1 hours.

Serve over rice. These had just a little sweetness from the coke and were fairly rich from the milk and butter. Very very good improvised meal if I may say so myself.

Your recipe looks ok Larry I would substatute sour cream for the milk some sweet German wine instead of Coke & add paprika to your blend. that would make a more Bavarian flavor.

I have tasted them made with grape jelly, heinz chili sauce & a gravy mix before too. They were pretty good.

007bond-jb said:
Your recipe looks ok Larry I would substatute sour cream for the milk some sweet German wine instead of Coke & add paprika to your blend. that would make a more Bavarian flavor.

I have tasted them made with grape jelly, heinz chili sauce & a gravy mix before too. They were pretty good.

What part of "I used what I had in my house cause I didn't want to go to the store" did you not understand BOY??? :LOL:

Understood, I have done the same thing many times. The Coke thing turned me off though. My mom makes spagatti & metballs with prego coke & them little frozen meatballs. Me & the wife don't eat it, My kids like it but its just non-union to do that to a tomatoe sauce.

007bond-jb said:
Understood, I have done the same thing many times. The Coke thing turned me off though. My mom makes spagatti & metballs with prego coke & them little frozen meatballs. Me & the wife don't eat it, My kids like it but its just non-union to do that to a tomatoe sauce.

JB, try coke or leftover coffee in a pot roast some time. You'll never know it was coke, but is a good base believe it or not for a sauce. It acts as a base as well as a tenderizer from the acid.

SteerCrazy said:
Looks good larry. Hope it didn't look like that on the way out :shock: :LOL:

Nope the meatballs looked more like hot dogs on the way out! :? You asked!

Well you a very lazy boy to be using frozen meatballs. Now if you ever want to go to meatball heaven I got a recipe from a januiine Eyetalian Roman Catholic lady from New Yawk City. It make you chunk rocks at that yumpin jimminie stuff. It also cant be bought frozen at Kroger.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well you a very lazy boy to be using frozen meatballs. Now if you ever want to go to meatball heaven I got a recipe from a januiine Eyetalian Roman Catholic lady from New Yawk City. It make you chunk rocks at that yumpin jimminie stuff. It also cant be bought frozen at Kroger.

bigwheel

I'm speachless.........................

Larry...sounds good..especially for just using STUFF YOU HAD AROUND THE HOUSE. I wouldn't change a thing !

bigwheel said:
It aint no wonder a person who cant even speel it right be speachless.

bigwheel

You got me on that one.

But you baffle me...............in the beginning of my post you bitch about me using frozen meatballs. Then you go on and recommend a certain brand you like and tell me that Kroger sell them frozen. You have no idea the brand or how good the meatballs were, but you still bash them but still recommend a frozen version you like?? What size helmet do you wear and what do the bus windows taste like? I'm just curious?

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I knew you weren't! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

You got me on that one.

But you baffle me...............in the beginning of my post you bitch about me using frozen meatballs. Then you go on and recommend a certain brand you like and tell me that Kroger sell them frozen. You have no idea the brand or how good the meatballs were, but you still bash them but still recommend a frozen version you like?? What size helmet do you wear and what do the bus windows taste like? I'm just curious?

He stated that "It can't be bought at Krogers.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2cts7y6u]
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I knew you weren't! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

You got me on that one.

He stated that "It can't be bought at Krogers.[/quote:2cts7y6u]

Oh excuse me I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification............ass! BW hates Yankees and you're defending him?? Go eat a peck of clams you LawngEyeLand SOB! :shock:

bigwheel said:
I'm flabbergasted.

bigwheel

Me too.....................with all your negativity. It gets old................ Not very often you have anything postive to say...................and the way you say it is plain out right stupid...............talk like a human being and if you don't have something nice to say keep your mouth shut. If you don't like the fact I eat frozen meatballs, keep your thoughts to yourself...............what I eat doesn't effect you does it?? You're a hemorrhoid!

Back
Top Bottom