Surfinsapo's (Hotter than hell!!) Carne Guisada aroz!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Man this stuff had my head drippin with sweat. Those are Hatch Peppers and ,"Oh BOY" they are HOT!!!..

I took the seeds out and chopped up....

1st you make a roux....just kidding..I sautaid 2 roma tomatos, 1lbs cooked brisket, 4 galic cloves, 3 hatch peppers, and then added water mixed with flour to make a gravy ( Guisada) . Simmered for 30 minutes..

Got to have homemade flour tortillas!!!

Good Ole S.LA Popcorn Gourmet Rice...

And then it was born:"Surfinsapo's ( Hotter than hell) Carne Guisada!!

I'm going to put one of those peppers in my next gumbo!!!

Cliff H. said:
Is it Hot ? :D
It was that kind of hot that hurts, but you want to keep eating it because it tastes so good. I think just a half of one of those peppers would make seafood gumbo kick arse!

[smilie=bump.gif] Make this if you dare fellas! don't be afraid of the name.. Taco was a mexican word too... You quero Taco bell?

I love hot! But not sweating, drinking all the coke in the house, hot! That stuff looks good man!

Whats the recipe for the tortillas? I may have to try that out next time I make fajitas.

Love2<º((((>< said:
I love hot! But not sweating, drinking all the coke in the house, hot! That stuff looks good man!

Whats the recipe for the tortillas? I may have to try that out next time I make fajitas.
flour, lard, salt, water...

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil (lard is better)
2/3 cup warm water

Food Processor Method: Place flour and salt in bowl of food processor; add oil and process for about 3 seconds. With machine running, pour water through feed tube in a steady stream. Let machine run until dough forms a ball. Dough should be a medium-stiff consistency. If necessary, add a little more water. You can do all this by hand too.. In a bowl man!

Divide dough into 12-15 equal pieces; roll into balls and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for at least 30 minutes before baking. Be sure to keep dough covered at all times so that it doesn't dry out. It will keep at room temperature for several hours, or you can refrigerate it for as long as 36 hours by greasing surface of dough and covering tightly with plastic wrap.

To bake: If you have an electric tortilla grill,(We call them "COMAL")such as Tortilla Chef, follow directions for your grill. , I found it works best to put the ball of dough on the griddle and press lid down quickly for only one second, then open. Then you can press the lid down quickly more times as needed to achieve desired size and thickness. (Roll it out with rolling pin...) Otherwise, use a manual tortilla press for your tortillas and bake on a hot griddle. If you're really expert, you can bake them directly on the gas flame of your stove (I use a griddle!).

Keep baked tortillas warm and moist by wrapping in a heavy cotton towel, slightly moistened. Stack them on top of each other as they bake, always keeping wrapped in the towel. To keep warm for an extended time, wrap them in a towel and then again in aluminum foil. Place in low oven (about 175°-200°) for up to an hour.
you can also google"homemade flour tortilla recipe" for tons more bro...

bigwheel said:
Looks mighty good. Where the frijollis and salad on this deal?
:shock:

bigwheel
Salad, what's that? What kind of salad? like "pico de gallo"? The meal was really an experiment... :shock:

Don't know about the ice cream, but you'll be screamin' all right. With me, it wouldn't take 'til morning :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: if you catch my drift.

wdroller said:
What kind of pepper did you use? What's the Scoville unit? "Hatch" seems to be a producer of several varities of peppers.
wdroller, I really don't know that answer. I just saw them in the produce dept. and told my wife, "lets try those out".. They aint as hot as "habenarros"... :shock:

Naw just a regular old lettuce and tomater salad. Way the good Lord intended for carne guisada to be served. You get a big plate with a wad of carne guisada...spanish rice..frijollis and a little salad on the same plate. Pass the flour taurpolians and butter on the side. Yum yum. Thats how they do it in every Mexican restaurant I ever had the pleasure to visit which had the stuff on the menu. Will testify thats how that do it in Robistown over there:)

bigwheel

surfinsapo said:
bigwheel said:
Looks mighty good. Where the frijollis and salad on this deal?
:shock:

bigwheel
Salad, what's that? What kind of salad? like "pico de gallo"? The meal was really an experiment... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom