surf n surf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My nephew and niece went razor clam digging two days ago and brought us a nice mess of razor clams. And then while shopping today I saw that the first fresh stripe shrimp from the Gulf of Alaska were in. So a surf n surf dinner. Fried razor clams and boiled shrimp. The cool thing about cold water shrimp is that you don't have to de-vein them.

What happened to the shrimps heads? That is a great meal you got there!!! :D

I honestly believe that there's nothing better in the seafood world than a good fried clam, definitely my favorite!! Great looking meal Griff!!!

It's difficult to describe the taste of razor clams. I guess I'd say they are milder, but richer tasting than say a butter clam.

I think it was the butter clams my old man and uncle would dig up. Theyd put em in a couple a 5 gallon buckets. I was little then. Prob, 1973 or 1974. I remember doin it though! I've never seen anyone else ever diggin for them. weird?

They were big and most were white.

Hey Griff, those clams have a frog look about them? Do Razor Clams make noise and jump in the air? :LOL:

Rag said:
Hey Griff, those clams have a frog look about them? Do Razor Clams make noise and jump in the air? :LOL:

I know when I went to post the pics, I thought those clams look frogs. But they didn't taste like chicken. and they don't jump. The bastards are hard to dig 'cause they got a big foot and can do down in the sand quicker than I can dig most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom