Super Cheap Food Saver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had this same exact model last year for X-Mas. It's a good appliance for the price, it definiately turned me on to foodsavers.

It always worked OK. A few issues were.... extremely slow on large items... very finicky on how bags laid in the sealer and completing seal..... heater/melter seamed to be for that companys bags only.... a heavier better quality bag didn't melt/seal as well.

Overall OK machine, good place to start to see what features you want and need in a more exspensive model.

But it definiately opened my eyes to the world of food sealers.... and quickly upgraded. I now wonder how I lived without one.

I just bought this one from Sams for $118.00. Its the 2480 model. I had my other one for 2 years before the sealer stopped working.

Tilia_FoodSaver_Advanced_Design_V2480.jpg

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I just bought this one from Sams for $118.00. Its the 2480 model. I had my other one for 2 years before the sealer stopped working.

Tilia_FoodSaver_Advanced_Design_V2480.jpg
That is the same model I have now Bill, funny my old one took a powder after 2 years as yours did. I'm real happy with the new one and it does get a work out. Do you find that the Wally World roll of bags seem a bit more heavy duty? (thicker)

Back
Top Bottom