summer solstice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Dave Attell (comedian) did one of his shows there at the summer solstice. It was crazy being 11pm and it was still sunny! I dont know how you do it.

You think Anchorage sunrise/sunset is wild. Tomorrow I'm flying to Fairbanks for work. Just for grins I checked their times. Sunset 12:44 am, sunrise 3:02 am.

Griff

But how high does the sun get in the sky? :!: Land of the midnight sun!

Joke

You're right. The sun never gets right over head. This time of year it inscribes an arc of about 270* across the sky. Of course, I don't want to talk about winter solstice.

Griff

Hey Griff,

Been to a couple of solstice parties in Dawson City, Yukon. :)
First day of summer what a long day, you gotta love it! :D

Cheers

Griff said:
You think Anchorage sunrise/sunset is wild. Tomorrow I'm flying to Fairbanks for work. Just for grins I checked their times. Sunset 12:44 am, sunrise 3:02 am.

Griff
I think some pics of that would be in order :!:
8-[
Too :(

Went to a soltice party last night. Got "volunteered" to do the grilling. Haven't done any grilling over coals for too long. Had chicken breasts and big old slab of Salmon imported all the way from Norway. I snuck some left-over brisket (that I found in the freezer) in a foil pack on the grill. While the chicken was good, the fish good, the brisket lasted about 4 minutes. Go figure :grin:

Now the good brew from Left Hand Brewery, and the all the pagan babes dancing about put me in very good mood :spell: . Wife drove home....drinking and mountain switchbacks aren't a good mix.

Steve McMurtry said:
Hey Griff,

Been to a couple of solstice parties in Dawson City, Yukon. :)
First day of summer what a long day, you gotta love it! :D

Cheers

Steve

I've never been to a solstice party in Dawson but have been to a couple Canada Day parties there. That place knows how to party. We just were in Dawson City two weeks ago. We stayed in a whorehouse. http://www.bombaypeggys.com/
I made enough at Diamond Tooth Gerties to pay for both nights at Bombay Peggy's.

Griff

Kloset BBQR said:
Griff,

I'll be heading up your way in about 6 weeks. Where's a good place to eat BBQ in Anchorage? :D

Kloset

We got one BBQ joint here and it's OK. But like most say on this board "I quit ordering BBQ at restaurants because it's so much better at home." If you want a taste of Alaska, I'd recommend that you eat seafood in my town.

Griff

Puff said:
Griff said:

Griff
8-[

Puff

I didn't tke any pics but Fairbanks has a solstice baseball game that starts at midnight without any artificial lighting.

Griff

Griff said:
Puff said:
Griff said:

Griff
8-[

Puff

I didn't tke any pics but Fairbanks has a solstice baseball game that starts at midnight without any artificial lighting.

Griff
Man that is too much, is that hard to get used to? :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom