Sticker shock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleP

Sous Chef
5-6 bucks a lb is normal around these parts. Steak, I forgot what it taste like. :P

Seems to me spares are around 3.25 a lb in my area. I do live around a bunch of rich folks so that might be part of it. They do need servants you know.

When you factor in the weight of the bones it's probably close to $20 a lb for the meat you get from babybacks.

Burnt Food Dude said:
My wife and I went to Sam's club and bought some BBs. The price was $3.25 a pound. Ouch I thought. Thought they were high. Hell what do I know about prices. We bought 2 cryovac packs anyway. Gotta have my baby backs.

We went to the local Jewel store to try and find some sour oranges to make mojo pork. Jewels had BBs on sale for $5.99 a pound! Not only that, some were marked "self basting"!

I know its not BBQ season but I would say Jelwels are ripping people people off with that price.

Try going to Gilmart on Archer just west of Pulaski. Old lady bought some BB last week for 2.99 a lb and they're great. We buy most of our meat from there. It's a polish store way better than Bobak's for meat selection. Try the luncheon meat also.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Ratman said:
Try going to Gilmart on Archer just west of Pulaski. Old lady bought some BB last week for 2.99 a lb and they're great. We buy most of our meat from there. It's a polish store way better than Bobak's for meat selection. Try the luncheon meat also.

When I have time, and want to select my own ribs, I go to Peoria Packing on Lake street. I usually get BBs $2.69 to $2.79 a pound. I haven't checked the price recently. I don't buy spares much but when I do they usually have them for under $2 a pound. They will trim the spares for you for free. You'll get KC style ribs and tips for the price of the spares.

I don't shop much at Bobaks. Just eat at the buffet :D

Will have to keep that place in mind to try at least once.

Back
Top Bottom