Spring is here, mateys! What you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Arrggh, the Good Captain is finally recovered from a cold that plagued him for two weeks. Temps today around 74, tomorrow around 76!

Had a big rib cook planned for family, but they had to postpone till next
week.

Don't know what meats will get flamed this weekend...invited to a friends place tomorrow for chicken enchiladas, so I may just grill something Sunday.

However, tomorrow, I'm making peach ice cream...can't wait for dat!

Ahoy mateys, what ye cooking?

Glad to hear you're felling better Cap'n :D =D>

Tonight .... Chicken breasts on the grill (dunno how yet), and the boy is gunna do cheddar brats on his Smokey Joe.

The rest of the weekend....campfire stuff. I have a burn permit til Sunday night to burn off natural yard waste. I got a good chuck done today, but the wind picked up and I had to douse it. Spose to rain tomorrow ... but I'll still "make it work". Then nice again on Sunday.

Ahhhhhh :( Hotdogs, Doughboys, Smores, campfire songs.... LOL :D =D>

Is the burn ban still in effect down in Texas? Must be killing those boys.

First, I love cheddar brats, even those Oscar Mayer cheese franks, but no one else seems to want them :-X .

I grew up in a camping family, and to me, there's nothing better than
a wienie roasted on a stick and s'mores. Man, memories are flooding
back now!

arrrgh, a b and b night! What a glorious day the morrow shall be!
Brisket and butt! Ahoy! Come and sit on me big wooden deck.

Captain Morgan said:
arrrgh, a b and b night! What a glorious day the morrow shall be!
Brisket and butt! Ahoy! Come and sit on me big wooden deck.

Not unless you buy me a drink first...........................oh, you said wooden deck, sorry. :) :) :) :) :)

Umm nothing this weekend...but who wants to help Helen?

Following weekend I have a group of about 30 people to feed. How many butts to make? Help, please [-o<

Chicks, Dudes, or a combo? I would figure 1 lb raw (bone in)per person. 4-8 lbers should be adequate. Will there be Beatles music? #-o

Woodman said:
Chicks, Dudes, or a combo? I would figure 1 lb raw (bone in)per person. 4-8 lbers should be adequate. Will there be Beatles music? #-o

Combo... and DEF no Beatles. Nevah! I've got a UB40 concert tonight though....does that help?

Not going to fire up the pit this weekend. Might do something on the grill on sunday.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Just grillin' Saturday. Some bone in pork chops, sweet Italian sausage, some chicken thighs and baked potatos.

The chicken thighs are being cooked as a turn in try for comp practice. You know you gotta get the taste right. Some of them fancy herbs and spices. Shhhsh! don't tell anyone [-X [-X [-X my secret ingrediant will be lime zest and lime juice. Its a Zen :eek:mm: thing.

Lemme know if you have a recipe that uses hydrated lime...powder form. I see it in the Mexican stores and wonder about the uses... or if it really is what it is...ya know???

We use hydrated lime all the time at work. We add it to the cement to make it a workable mortar. Last thought I would ever have would be to put it in my food.

I got an order for a turkey, so I'll be doing one either tonight or in the morning. I love seeing people that eat turkey on days other than Holidays! I'm gonna also try some fatties and maybe do some chicken wings too sometime this weekend!

Captain Morgan said:
Peeling peaches ain't much fun.

Going to get the ice...mixture is prepared.

Cappy, blanch the the peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then put them in ice water. The skins will come off with your fingers.

BTW, send me a bowl of that there icy cream!

Back
Top Bottom