Originally Posted by Toby keil
Looks good BD, how about sharing your pop's recipe?
We added the dried herbs and Tiger to the recipe. This is a good starting place to amend to your taste. Next time we'll use grilled or smoked chicken
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Makes 8 – 9 qts
8 ea Bone on chicken breasts – 8 pieces
3-4 stocks Celery, diced
5 med Carrots, diced
3 med Onions, diced
15 ½ oz can Del Monte peas with broth
12 oz bag Wide egg noodles or pasta of choice (I like more)
6 ea Chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved
6 qts Water
to taste Salt
to taste White pepper
2/3 tsp Thyme, dried
1 Bay leaf
1 tbsp Parsley, dried
2/3 tbsp Tiger Seasoning
· In a large pot, cover breast with water, add a little salt, bring to boil and simmer until chicken is done – about 25 minutes.
· Remove chicken from broth, debone and set aside to cool - discard skin and bones.
· Strain broth and remove most of the fat.
· Dice meat when cooled and set aside.
· Add broth back to pan, dissolve bouillon cubes, and salt and pepper to taste.
· Add vegetables and cook until done.
· Meanwhile cook egg noodles al dente in another pan, salted to taste.
· Drain noodles and add to broth with diced chicken.
· Stir all together and serve.