Sorta Catered a Chili Dinner for 80 men...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, it was a success. Thanks to all who helped me out on ideas. The next time it is going to be RSVP so I can make the homemade Chilli. Thank God for Sams Club too..I bought enough food for 200 men and we had 80 show up so they ate good. The guest speaker was Jay Lowder of ESPN outdoors. He is a awesome speaker. The worst thing that happened is the a giant stainless stock pot got chilli burnt into the bottom of it. I used my Banjo burner to cremate the remains and it's good now.... ;)
Here's a few pics... Thanks again

dsc04621936587sq0.jpg

dsc04191996755lw8.jpg

dsc04272050916ho4.jpg

dsc04762132816sk4.jpg

dsc04742170148sh0.jpg

dsc04992251668cs0.jpg

dsc05022290193gh7.jpg

dsc05042350169bl2.jpg

dsc05142371926sk2.jpg

dsc05282440950ek3.jpg

Good stuff there Sapo! A little tip, Take a piece of 1/4 inch steel and cut it to the size of your banjo burner or better the size of the bottom of your big pot. Never burn any thing in a pot again.

Pigs

As predicted he did not follow my good advice on serving Fritoe Pies in the package..bad boy bad boy. They was also supposed to serve themselves on the cheese. I'm going to have to come down there. I can see that now. :roll:

bigwheel

007bond-jb said:
Great job SS Did you bake all them cakes?

No, Jb they sent out a email and some of the wives baked the cakes.. They were good too.. ;)

bigwheel said:
As predicted he did not follow my good advice on serving Fritoe Pies in the package..bad boy bad boy. They was also supposed to serve themselves on the cheese. I'm going to have to come down there. I can see that now. :roll:

bigwheel

Big Wheel, I gave them the option to eat the chilli in a frito bag or not. I don't know what you saw, but they all served themselves cheese, etc.., except when I put a few dashes of a new Hot Sauce called " Gringo Killer" on one of the guys chilli bowl... :shock: That Gringo Killer has Habenero peppers in it and tastes Killer.. ;)

Lets see, ya cooked nough chilli fer 200, fed 80, so, that be where that southern breeze come from eh?

Each job be a leranin experience, an as long as ya keep gettin better, enjoy yerself a bit an put a bit a coin in yer pocket, it don't get much better then that!

Well that nice selection of hot sauces on the far end is surely a good touch. I was going to recomend that good idear but I forgot. Smart thinning. I cant believe them old codgers not want their pie in the sack. Must be a lot of transplanted yankees down there nowadays. I think where you messed it up was making it optional. People are just like sheep..the first fella in line pick a bowl it spread like wildfire all the way down the line. They prob figgered out they could hawg up mo chili using a bowl. Yeppers thats it most likely. I hope we dont get any mo films of you killing po gringoes on the beach with the super hot sauce..in order to join the fishing club. I keep telling you that is called hazing. Dont make me start quoting the Penal Code here. Thanks.

bigwheel

BayouChilehead said:
Glad it went good for ya Sapo, if you got any leftovers send some my way!!
I bought 108 oz cans at Sams Chet. We have 14 left. I'll try to remember to bring one for ya in May!!! ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3bh5gc9e]Looked like a great time Sapo! Don't listen to Pigs, just remember to stir next time and you won't burn! :LOL:
Yea Nick, your right. Why work smarter when you can work harder. :roll: ;) :LOL:

Pigs[/quote:3bh5gc9e]

Stupid me, thinking stirring the pot isn't hard work! :? :shock: ;) :LOL:

Take em back to Sam's for a refund. Somebody say they are real good about that type of situation on non perishable items. Now I aint a member of Sams any mo and never took nothing back that I recall. I just heard this theory somewhere. Hopefully you saved the receipt.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Take em back to Sam's for a refund. Somebody say they are real good about that type of situation on non perishable items. Now I aint a member of Sams any mo and never took nothing back that I recall. I just heard this theory somewhere. Hopefully you saved the receipt.

bigwheel
I gave the receipt to the church and have been reimbursed since then... They can return it if they want too.. thanks again Jeff.

Hey Bro..us Corpus Boys got to stick together or all hang separately or however that old saying goes. You always flood me with a lot of great memories. If you kill any mo Gringoes on the beach with the hotsauce I gonna have to forward the info onto prez Osama. As the old Engrish teacher say to me one time..."A word to the wise should be sufficient." In fact she said it a few million times to be eggxact.

bigwheel

surfinsapo said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel
I gave the receipt to the church and have been reimbursed since then... They can return it if they want too.. thanks again Jeff.

Back
Top Bottom