So How Much Snow Did You Get Last Night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we've only gotten sleet thus far....started last nite about 10:30 and at 6:30 this morning we had about 2" of crust on my deck....it's sleeting really hard right now (sounds like a steak on the grill), and they're saying it will probably turn to freezing rain than snow on top :x ...highway was pretty slippery on the way to work, but it didn't keep traffic from being 3 abreast going 50 mph, bumper to bumper :shock: (we drive pretty crazy up here)....funny, at one fairly treacherous curve, there's a guy in a p.u. going about 30 in the left lane with his flashers on!! turns out the guy had kentucky plates :roll: .....i figured he would have been from a warmer climate.....

Rob

We have about 6 inches. Lots of drifting due to 20-25 mph wind with gusts to 40 mph yesterday. Tonight another 1-3 inches is expected with 25 mph winds and another 1-2 inches tomorrow. Kids are home, Les hasn't worked all week due to road conditions here and in Michigan. GRR!! That's NOT good on the budget!!

at least she's happy! Make some hot chocolate and some snow cream!
When I was growing up in the mountains, snow was family time!

a couple hours ago the plow guy told me there's about a foot on the ground. It's been snowing really heavy since with light powder (it's 4* outside). Last Wednesday my wife had a tumor removed from her liver and has been laying really low since she got home from the hospital. This morning our heater $hit the bed for the forth time this winter and our house was 44* inside. My sob story to the propane company brought the repair guy's out in the storm and with my wood stove cranking my home is toasty and I have a chicken stew cooking on the wood stove.

Captain Morgan said:
at least she's happy! Make some hot chocolate and some snow cream!
When I was growing up in the mountains, snow was family time!
She's been dying to make a snowman but the snow isn't the good packing variety.
Snow cream?

It's what those stump jumpers do with snow. They pour stuff like vanilla custard on snow, and it freezes like a cream snow cone. I saw Paula Dean do it once.

no way doods, go get a bowl of clean snow, add milk, vanilla and sugar.

Here's a fancy recipe

"Snow Cream" Recipe
1-3 Cups of Snow (make sure it's clean!)
1/2 Cup Whipping Cream or other cream of choice
1 T. Sugar
2-3 drops Vanilla flavoring
In a separate bowl, mix cream, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add snow to desired consistency. Eat (slowly--it's cold) and enjoy!
All ingredients can be adjusted to suit your particular preferences. You might want to try some other flavorings: cinnamon, butterscotch, almond, or eggnog mix. For the more daring, add rum.

Nary a flake... which once again validates the wisdom of my moving a little further south a couple of years ago. [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif]

Rich Decker said:
a couple hours ago the plow guy told me there's about a foot on the ground. It's been snowing really heavy since with light powder (it's 4* outside). Last Wednesday my wife had a tumor removed from her liver and has been laying really low since she got home from the hospital. This morning our heater $hit the bed for the forth time this winter and our house was 44* inside. My sob story to the propane company brought the repair guy's out in the storm and with my wood stove cranking my home is toasty and I have a chicken stew cooking on the wood stove.

Rich, I hope all is well with your wife!

We had about 1/2" of ice, 4" of snow, and then another 1/2" of ice. I finally went out to shovel it this afternoon and it was HEAVY! :shock: Wore my @$$ out doing just half the drive.
gen158.gif

--John 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom