Smoked Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well guys today I am going to attempt to smoke eggs, I got the recipe for it out of the new Anderson book about smoking and curing. The only bad thing is if I do this wrong there is a chance that the eggs could explode or implode. #-o The eggs are hard boiled and then left for one day. Brined in an 80% solution for 3 days and then left to sit one more day and finally held at 140* for 4hrs and then 195* and smoked for 6-9 hrs. I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going.

Wow! I've seen alot of people throw eggs onto the smokers with a bit of rub on them, but have never heard of such a thing Dog! I'm really looking forward to hearing how they turn out! Good luck!

You're not using Buford, but the small smoker in your garage? #-o LOL With the temperature requirements, I'd do it that way too. Take lots of pics ~ BIG pics! :!:

Larry Wolfe said:
Wow! I've seen alot of people throw eggs onto the smokers with a bit of rub on them, but have never heard of such a thing Dog! I'm really looking forward to hearing how they turn out! Good luck!
If all goes well you can ask John Pen, he’s coming by tomorrow. The plan is to graze on ABT’s, smoked eggs, smoked cheese, and pickled eggs until the main course of chicken and ribs. Also plenty of adult beverages. Luckily him and his wife are coming in separate cars. I wouldn’t want to drive with him when the eggs and ABT’s are ready to come out the other end…. #-o I’ll keep you guys posted with pics.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
If all goes well you can ask John Pen, he’s coming by tomorrow. The plan is to graze on ABT’s, smoked eggs, smoked cheese, and pickled eggs until the main course of chicken and ribs. Also plenty of adult beverages. Luckily him and his wife are coming in separate cars. I wouldn’t want to drive with him when the eggs and ABT’s are ready to come out the other end…. #-o I’ll keep you guys posted with pics.

At least I'll know the cause of the Mushroom Cloud in NY that will be on the news tomorrow!

The Joker said:
You're not using Buford, but the small smoker in your garage? #-o LOL With the temperature requirements, I'd do it that way too. Take lots of pics ~ BIG pics! :!:

Yes Joker I am using the lectro smokehouse in the newly cleaned garage. [-X You will not disparage the lectro once you taste the Smoked Sausage. Besides the lectro is made out of lighter gauge metal its safer than Buford if I have shrapnel and cheaper to replace. One hour in and no eggsplosions. If not for the dynanamic dou I might have tried to use Buford The cheese I did yesterday came out good and I think I could do the same with the eggs. But if the boys keep it up I might have to check my intro post and figure out at what temp to foil........... :eek:

Two hours in and no eggsplosions. I might have to play around with the time frame. I have to stop doing this stuff on nights I have to work…… Maybe I’ll let my wife finish the eggs up after all if they explode she can clean em up. :)

wittdog said:
Two hours in and no eggsplosions. I might have to play around with the time frame. I have to stop doing this stuff on nights I have to work…… Maybe I’ll let my wife finish the eggs up after all if they explode she can clean em up. :)

There you go.
If I did that... I'd come home to a note that said, "Your eggs exploded"... "Get that mess cleaned up before I get back from shopping". 8-[

Finney said:
wittdog said:

There you go.
If I did that... I'd come home to a note that said, "Your eggs exploded"... "Get that mess cleaned up before I get back from shopping".
8-[

"Yes Honey, I'm on it", Finney----> :eek:uch: :getbtw: <-------Yolanda "Chrissy, I told you to get them damn eggs cleaned up boy!"

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
wittdog said:

There you go.
If I did that... I'd come home to a note that said, "Your eggs exploded"... "Get that mess cleaned up before I get back from shopping".
8-[

"Yes Honey, I'm on it", Finney----> :eek:uch: :getbtw: <-------Yolanda "Chrissy, I told you to get them damn eggs cleaned up boy!"

:pop: :bar: :lmao:

I'm 3 1/2 hrs in and the drops of water are starting to form on the eggs. No explosions yet. I'll start smoking in about a 1/2hour.

wittdog said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
wittdog said:

There you go.
8-[

:pop: :bar: :lmao:

I'm 3 1/2 hrs in and the drops of water are starting to form on the eggs. No explosions yet. I'll start smoking in about a 1/2hour.

What in the hell have you been doing the past 3 1/2 hours??

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
Larry must have watched the web cam. 8-[

I thought I wasn't supposed to mention that? 8-[
Just wait until she starts bossing you around at the Sept. SOTB. :D
She'll whip your sorry ass into shape. :getbtw: :slap:

I'm gonna be in shape by then brother! I'm gonna be a lean mean BBQ'ing machine! [-o<

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":15nd1xhi]
Finney said:
Larry must have watched the web cam. 8-[

I thought I wasn't supposed to mention that? 8-[
Just wait until she starts bossing you around at the Sept. SOTB. :D
She'll whip your sorry ass into shape. :getbtw: :slap:

I'm gonna be in shape by then brother! I'm gonna be a lean mean BBQ'ing machine! [-o<[/quote:15nd1xhi]
We're gonna have to ration your beer until the butts are on the fire. :eek:
And no smoking in our area. :-X (I know you don't smoke)

Larry you have to keep in mind that I am using an Electric Smoke house. The last 3 ½ hrs I’ve been evaporating the water from the egg. Unlike BBQ where you strive for a nice smoke ring. In smoking and curing or “cool smokingâ€

I’m starting to introduce the smoke now. I don’t think it’s going to take the 6-9 hrs of smoke time but I could be wrong. I’ll test one after about 4 hrs.

wittdog said:
Larry you have to keep in mind that I am using an Electric Smoke house. The last 3 ½ hrs I’ve been evaporating the water from the egg. Unlike BBQ where you strive for a nice smoke ring. In smoking and curing or “cool smokingâ€

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom