Smoked Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Our first crappy fall day here in sunny San Diego, a perfect day to smoke some cheese!!!

Dropped my Son off at school this morning and ran to Costco and Sams and picked up some cheese. I got medium cheddar, Colby Jack, 3 alarm Colby Jack, Pepper Jack and Dubliner cheese. I have know idea what Dubliner is, figured I give it a shot though.

Placed everything on the 26er and loaded the Amaze-n smoker with a mix of apple and oak pellets.

After I closed the lid I left it to see how how it was and it was kind of warm. I kind of got paranoid so I wet a dish towel and laid it on the lid just above where the smoker was and also added a pan of ice water just in case. I guess it helped, my cheese didn't sweat at all.

After 1.5 hours of smoking, the cheese doesn't look much different. I took the 3 alarm Colby, the round one off since it was smaller than the others. The rest I smoked for another half hour.

After 2 hours of smoking I almost used an entire row of the pellets.

Now the hard part, vacuum sealed the cheese an need to wait for a couple of weeks for the cheese to mellow out.

Looks great! I love smoked cheese. A buddy of mine picked up some smoked pepper jack and gave me two pounds of it. It's like legal crack!

Nice selection of cheeses for smoking, that will be some tasty snacks! The waiting part is so crappy. What makes it worse for me is that my wife is not supportive on this. "When's that cheese gonna be done?" "Let's try that smoked gouda! It's gotta be done by now!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom