SJ-9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Susan or anyother Cigar Aficionado,
Has anyone tried the Sonny Jurgenson #9 (SJ-9) cigar? Very good cigar for about $9.

Susan Z said:
$9 a stick, eh? I thought I heard that Fuente made those for him, so in that case I reckon it's worth it.

For the small amount of cigars I smoke, 1 maybe 2 a weekend I don't mind that price. I'm picking up some tonight, I'll ask who makes them. It's a very mild cigar compared to the LaGloria Cubana Maduro's I normally smoke. They were making me see things, so I had to switch. 8-[

Susan Z said:
I made a pilgimage to the La Gloria Cuban store, got them to autograph my Cigar Aficionado feature story about them. (goofy! :) )

You get any free smokes?

Try a La Gloria Cuban Taino! MMMMMMMMMMM I think I'm gonna break down and have a cigar with J Shively at the Michigan Cook Off. Maybe a Davidoff Double R?

Woodman said:
Try a La Gloria Cuban Taino! MMMMMMMMMMM I think I'm gonna break down and have a cigar with J Shively at the Michigan Cook Off. Maybe a Davidoff Double R?

I'll have to check that out WoodPuffer! I'm hooked on the SJ9's though.

Susan Z said:
Davidoff Double R---nice smoke! Full bodied, the way I like 'em. (And a bargain in the $20 range...!)

And you thought the SJ-9 was expensive????? I've always looked at the Davidoff's and Cohiba's but haven't tried one yet. I have a hard enough time spending $10 a pop. Susan, buy two I'll come over and smoke with you! 8-[

Cruising said:
I actually find the Davidoff milder than Ashton. :)

I have also tried the Ashton dark wrapper (I forgot their shelf name) and they are very very very strong - a good buzz after a long dinner!

If you like Davidoffs, try Diamond Crown. Very similar, unfortunately in price as well!

Susan, don't like Opus?????? I found them exquisite! Only thing better that does not come from Cuba is a Padron Anniversaire Exclusivo! Box pressed and packing a punch!!!!!

I think Fuente made Diamond Crown originally for West Coast release while they were releasing Opus in the east. It is a great looking medioum body cigar in some thick sizes. Susan, have you ever tried the more exotic Lars Tetans or Acid lines? These are the perfumed cigars. Woodafficionado

No, They are more like incense believe it or not! On the Opus, I remember the first one I was able to "find". It blew me away! Very spicy. Very well made. I hope they haven't screwed them up! The band is awsome regardless!

Back
Top Bottom