Shuttle launch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Green Hornet

Head Chef
I finished lunch and was sitting around with my oldest son figuring out what to do. My wife reminded my of the shuttle launch. We drove up to Titusville, about 90 miles. Well worth the trip. The roar you hear is like nothing else. Makes you proud to be an American seeing that.
img_154197_0_5fb0974eb01e5320a6e84cb77ae21c8c.jpg

5:02pm right on time!
img_154197_1_abd3b7ec4e490d186234b9cfc99fa18d.jpg

img_154197_2_4ece873a0df5e493c37ede3bfee78034.jpg

JamesB said:
Ya know, I've had the privilege to stand on the starting line at an NHRA race when two Top Fuel funny cars leave, but I'd love to be able to witness a shuttle launch!

Great pics!

James.

At Norwalk Raceway, before their changes, you used to be able to stand along the fence and the fence was about 5 feet from the cars going down the track. It was scary close but oh so cool with 16,000 HP that close to you. The sound is incredible and beyond description unless you've experienced it.

Burnt Food Dude said:
[quote="Bruce B":2eyceyes]That's got to be one helluva ride with those rockets strapped to your hind end. :shock:

Built by the lowest bid on a Government contract. I think it was Gus Grissom that said that.[/quote:2eyceyes]

Yep, Grissom had an incredible streak of bad luck including sinking his Mercury capsule on recovery and then dieing in the fire in Apollo 1. It's
a dangerous business these brave people partake in.

I'll prolly never see/feel/hear a shuttle launch ever, but I've had my fair share of missile launches out here at Vandenberg AFB.

Back
Top Bottom