Shrimp Scampy Ala BTGG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well, we like it any way.

2pks of raw frozen shrimp thawed and pealed
1/2 lb baby ports
1/2 yellow pepper diced
1/2 red pepper diced
3lg garlic cloves diced
2 green scallons
1 c chicken stock
1 stick butter
1/4 cup evoo
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbs old bay
1 pk thawed and drained spinach
1 cup cream
1 lb thin pasta
parmashan (sp)
black pepper to taste

Saute the garlic, onion, and peppers in the melted butter and evoo. add the pealed shrimp and the chicken stock, red pepper flakes and the ports and the spinach. cook til the shrimp are orange. add the cream and simmer. add the cooked pasta and heat through. serve with parmashan (sp).

Good stuff guys.

looks great Bill! I usually buy a packet of Scampi mix, all you add is a STICK of butter :shock: right up JB's alley! But it's GOOOOOOD!!

Bill that looks and sound fantastic! Why don't you ever invite me down when you cook stuff like that??

Looks fine Bill... Yall should check frozen Seafood & make damm sure its not imported They don't have same packaging & handling requirements we do. Also some countries put perservitives that are unnessasry to preserve color & texture during that boat ride to the USA. Yuck

dam Bill looks like you could come on down here and cook in the resturants . nice Bill but like JB said please make sure the shrimp yall get come from the USA . forigen crap puts hard working shrimpers all over the US out of work . you would not buy beef from over seas or Canada would you . [smilie=nonono.gif]

knine said:
dam Bill looks like you could come on down here and cook in the resturants . nice Bill but like JB said please make sure the shrimp yall get come from the USA . forigen crap puts hard working shrimpers all over the US out of work . you would not buy beef from over seas or Canada would you . [smilie=nonono.gif]

Yeah, I saw the stuff on the news last night. We checked the bags and they were USA shrimps. ;)

Back
Top Bottom