Shephards pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
I've been working late and quick meals have been the norm around here lately.

Last night was Shepards pie. Quick and easy.

We had a good time with the video too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeurkFeDAvc

Leaving for Wyoming early next week for a couple of weeks so I've been loading up on cold weather gear. We sure don't need that stuff down here!!!!

My Baffin extreme boots came in yesterday and they have bibs and parka waiting for me when I get there.

I'm gonna be one cold azz cajun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin good Ronbeaux, just don't let the english hear you call it that. every time I go someone in the group gets yelled at. With beef it's cottage pie. With lamb, it's shepherds pie. We just tune 'em out and eat it anyway...

Ron I've been jonsing for Sheppards pie or as Curtis correctly noted "Cottage Pie" lately..........and you're gonna make me pull the trigger buddy!

I've been dieting as some of you know and I'm cutting way back on red meat and have been substituting with "soy protein" ie. fake meat. So what would you call a shepards pie or cottage pie made with that? Don't say schit either! The stuff is actually pretty tasty.

Looks great Ron. I never heard of cottage pie before. we allways called sheppards pie down here.

Larry Wolfe said:
Ron I've been jonsing for Sheppards pie or as Curtis correctly noted "Cottage Pie" lately..........and you're gonna make me pull the trigger buddy!

I've been dieting as some of you know and I'm cutting way back on red meat and have been substituting with "soy protein" ie. fake meat. So what would you call a shepards pie or cottage pie made with that? Don't say schit either! The stuff is actually pretty tasty.

Larry, have you gone California on me!?!?!?

Sheppards Pie takes me back to my Midwest college days...*sigh*

Captain Morgan said:
Larry try ground turkey....when you use it something
highly seasoned like spaghetti sauce, it's not bad.

I'm with Cappy on this one, we use it in lasagna and other things, it doesnt add any flavor but it certainly absorbs. Works really well

cflatt said:
Captain Morgan said:
Larry try ground turkey....when you use it something
highly seasoned like spaghetti sauce, it's not bad.

I'm with Cappy on this one, we use it in lasagna and other things, it doesnt add any flavor but it certainly absorbs. Works really well

I agree, it's not bad in stuff like that but the last time I used ground turkey you boys almost raped me for using it.

I'm gonna do the soy stuff today in chili, I had the soy sausage for breakfast and it's actually pretty darn good with no saturated fat. I need to save my saturated fat consumption for when I make Q.

Always been Sheppard's Pie here. Nice mix of ground meat, onions, spices, corn and taters.

Mom used to make it with creamed corn, but now I make it with kernel corn, and gravy :twisted:

Looks great !

ScottyDaQ said:
Always been Sheppard's Pie here. Nice mix of ground meat, onions, spices, corn and taters.

Mom used to make it with creamed corn, but now I make it with kernel corn, and gravy :twisted:

Looks great !

My mom made it like that too, Now I just don't make it in pie form Just plate up & mix as we eat. Forgot the gravy :twisted:

All mixed up on a couple slices of bread is pretty awesome too!

:edit: ya know all this talk about SP ..... I was gunna grill some burgers, but I think y'all changed my mind! Mmmmmm piiiiieeeeeeee.

Back
Top Bottom