seafood pasta..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Had some scallops I needed to cook..picked up a few littlenecks and some shrimp...lotsa butter and garlic and tada !

Whew that looks good. Great job!! Now whut kinda monetary investment do we have in this project?...If you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Whew that looks good. Great job!! Now whut kinda monetary investment do we have in this project?...If you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel

1 lb of scallops - 4.99
1 lb raw shrimp - 4.99
12 littleneck clams - 6.69 (uuuggghhh)
fed three of us...prob could of streched it to feed 5

Well guess that one of the blessings of living close to the ocean. Dont think I could find the items mentioned at those type of good prices...if I could even find some place to buy some. Whut is a little neck clown? :LOL:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well guess that one of the blessings of living close to the ocean. Dont think I could find the items mentioned at those type of good prices...if I could even find some place to buy some. Whut is a little neck clown? :LOL:

bigwheel
Ocean no...Lake :shock:
little neck clams

Ahhh I don't think they have those at our lakes. Now down at Possum Kingdom Lake they have hoss flys that come up and take about a nickle sized bite out of person. They real hard to swat too. Very attentive and sensitive to movements..shadows...brain waves etc. Guess it the old survival of the fittest type deal. Slow hoss flys is gonna get swatted by fast imbred rednecks who are indeginous to that area. Now..I decide to swat one I never miss... ;)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Ahhh I don't think they have those at our lakes. Now down at Possum Kingdom Lake they have hoss flys that come up and take about a nickle sized bite out of person. They real hard to swat too. Very attentive and sensitive to movements..shadows...brain waves etc. Guess it the old survival of the fittest type deal. Slow hoss flys is gonna get swatted by fast imbred rednecks who are indeginous to that area. Now..I decide to swat one I never miss... ;)

bigwheel
You know what they say about the sun and a sleeping dog..... :LOL:

Well the only bit of country lore about dawgs come from my Mama..who said among other thangs on this topic..."Always let sleeping dawgs lay." Or close. I have found it very good advice over the years. Course it takes a lot of waking them up to get the point for some folks. Now whut is your dawg story? Thanks.

bigwheel

Hey Sapo...you playing my song with that Spam. I like nearly all kinds of Hiwayan Food. Cept I dont think I would like Poi. You know that is simply the roots off Caladium aka (Elephant Ear) plants which are commonly seen in yuppie yards in this area. Now who could possibly eat caca like that?

bigwheel

Scotty, the sauce was evoo, butter and garlic. I bolied down the shrimp shells and some others I had in the freezer and added that reduced liquid also..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom