Screw NBC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I'm not watching this crap. Yeah, "We agonized over whether we were going to make this piece of sh*t a psycho folk hero...........then we went ahead and did it............." They gave this garbage EXACTLY what he wanted. Open the gates guys. Want to die infamous? Want to have your face ,name, and agenda told to the world? Send it to NBC. AS*HO*ES!!!!! I just shut "today" off, and may NEVER watch NBC news again........ They should've just given it to the FBI and left it at that. I can hear it now......"NBC News, The #1 choice of Mass Murderers." Be proud nbc. Be proud.

ps. Oh yeah. These are the same editorial boards who refuse to show 911 footage, because it incites hatred and emotion. (And support for the current military actions.)I think we should begin and end EVERY newscast with the images of people jumping to their deaths from that tower.

I completely agree with you.

I am not watching it.

Once again sensationalizing the "news" and ratings are more important than being responsible for the added pain and sadness this causes to the families and friends who are already going through a horrific tragedy. Can you imagine seeing the killers face and hearing the words over and over again if this was your daughter or son ??

This is not good journalism.

If the families individually want to see the tapes then that is their privilege and right however it is not in the best interests of everyone else.

IMHO

Well, this is twice in one week, scary, but I have to agree 100% again with you Woody.

The news media cares nothing about the victims or the families of the victims, or the other students and faculty who survived this slaughter. They only care about sensationalizing it so that "we" care about it and will watch their broadcast and hence increase viewership and hence make them more money.

Last week the public had the scarred Rutgers girls basketball team and Imus's blood on their hands, this week it's VT, does anybody really believe that if Imus would have happened this week he would have been fired...I doubt it.

I wonder what "the next big thing" will be that the media will decide we should be interested in, and know every last gory detail about no matter at whose expense?

And not for nothin', but it was less than a few hours before the anti-gun folks were on the air apoligizing that they couldn't do more to stop this...like it was your fault it happened if you didn't support their cause.

I can not even begin to imagine what those poor victems familys are going through. I hope and pray that their grieving has kept them away from the television and those on it with their own agendas !!

WTF

Hey, ALL of the channels are doing the same thing. It's not only NBC. FOX, CNN ALL of them can't seem to get enough of that Bastard. Exactly what he wanted.
I just kicked the front out of one of my TV's. Cut my damn foot on the glass and now I am hobbling to the smoker to throw more wood on.

I'm done with all of them sum beaches!!!!!

Smoke On!!!!!

"The news media...." you're right KA, it's all of them and one is no better or no worse than the other.

Copy of e-mail I sent to NBC News this morning.

Brian Williams and NBC News,

Your new slogan should be, "NBC News, the #1 choice of mass murderers."

I won't argue the point if the package and contents were news, by any Journalism 101 definition, yes it was news. The manner and form that the news is reported, however, is up to you.

If you had any feelings, or if you cared at all for the victims, the families of the victims, or the survivors of the tragedy at Virginia Tech, you would have simply reported, that you had received the package, contacted the FBI, reviewed it's contents and, yes, even verbally reported what the contents were, i.e. video's, written manifesto, etc., but in the interest of the victims, and their families we have decided not to give this alleged mass murderer the public forum he wants to spew his hatred.

NBC News is not the only media outlet to blame here, but you were the first, something I'm sure you're proud of and celebrate behind closed doors. They are all to blame for broadcasting this filth and for making the parents of the victims and the surviving victims, see what was probably the last image their son or daughter saw. The murderer pointing a weapon at them.

Mr. Williams, if you lost your son or daughter at VT, would you want to see the murderer pointing a gun at a camera so you would know what your child seen just before they died.

Your network was the first to broadcast this "call to arms for the oppressed", now do the right thing and apologize to the victim's families, the survivor's, the VT "family" and the rest of us for your mistake of giving a forum to a mass murderer and assure us that your network will never again be this insensitive.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Bruce Bissonnette
Utica, MI

Look at the front page of your morning paper. Those photo's, supplied by nbc, of the fecal matter pointing the guns at the camera and looking defiantly into the lens with a smirk. Tell me he is not thinking " Yeah, that's right Mr. and Mrs. Rich Mommy and Daddy. This is the last thing your baby girl saw right before I killed her." NBC played right into this a-hole's plan. That's OK . They had an "obligation" to do this (to their shareholders.) That tape should've been turned over to the FBI and NOT ONE IMAGE OR RANT should've been aired. I'm DONE with nbc news. brian williams has always been a dickhead anyway.

D.Harris said:
On my way home from work yesterday I heard on the radio about this supposed package that was sent to NBC and that they had turned it over to the authorities and were to be commended for doing so. Flip on the TV around 6PM and theres this maniac plastered all over the airwaves. Did the authorities involved give it back to NBC or did they make copies for the 6 o'clock news? This compassionless piece of a person chose to do everything he did and even within his own death he succeeded thanks to NBC.

VT and its families are in my prayers, as well as the family of this maniacal murderer. Surely they are going through a living hell, right along with their deceased sons stroll with the devil.

And that's another thing, why hasn't the media been all over "his" family like they are the victim's families, somebody raised this jerk-off, where is there in-depth reporting on the killer's family and here how he was abused as a child and can we really blame him after suffering through the poverty of South Korea, the strictest of discipline as a youngster, the physical and yes, even maybe the sexual abuse he endured. OH, just wait ladies and gentlemen, wait until after some of the funerals, just give the media time, they'll have some of this country feeling sorry for the little ba$tard.

Does the media have moderators?

I request the whole thing be locked!....LOL

Seriously though...enough is enough already. I can never see the point of disecting a horrible travesty.

Wasn't it BAD ENOUGH when it happened?

Personally, I don't think the P.O.S. deserves airtime on the media......I am tired of seeing his face....not to mention the tatsteless media playing those stupid tapes of him over and over.......

Media......LOCK YOUR THREAD!

Neal Boortz said it best. "Can any anti gun person say they are glad no one on that campus had a concealed carry permit and was armed that day?" That's their mantra, no guns for anyone, as if the maniacs, criminals, etc, pay attention to the laws!!!

I liked what I heard on the radio yesterday. If its the guns that cause the problem...then someone take away my spoon ...its making me fat

I wonder if he had run the same amount of people down with a mercades, if those folks would be willing to give theirs up ?

john pen said:
And not for nothin', but it was less than a few hours before the anti-gun folks were on the air apoligizing that they couldn't do more to stop this...like it was your fault it happened if you didn't support their cause.
Actually I blame them as much as anyone. They and their kind have created a mystique about guns. If children were taught about guns and gun safety, and were allowed to handle them it would completely remove the mystery that currently surround them in today’s society. I do not need to get into a rant so I'll just shut up now.
This garbage is the kind of stuff that has made me almost completely stop watching the news all together.

oct_97 said:
Neal Boortz said it best. "Can any anti gun person say they are glad no one on that campus had a concealed carry permit and was armed that day?" That's their mantra, no guns for anyone, as if the maniacs, criminals, etc, pay attention to the laws!!!

That is like the guy who has 10 DUI's and they suspend his license. He then gets drunk and drives and kills someone. CRIMINALS DO NOT OBSERVE THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodman said:
oct_97 said:

That is like the guy who has 10 DUI's and they suspend his license. He then gets drunk and drives and kills someone. CRIMINALS DO NOT OBSERVE THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the truth! If they outlaw guns, then only the outlaw's will have guns.

Rockin Rooster said:
[quote="john pen":26rkfk22]And not for nothin', but it was less than a few hours before the anti-gun folks were on the air apoligizing that they couldn't do more to stop this...like it was your fault it happened if you didn't support their cause.
Actually I blame them as much as anyone. They and their kind have created a mystique about guns. If children were taught about guns and gun safety, and were allowed to handle them it would completely remove the mystery that currently surround them in today’s society. I do not need to get into a rant so I'll just shut up now.
This garbage is the kind of stuff that has made me almost completely stop watching the news all together.[/quote:26rkfk22]

Yep. When I spent summers at my Grandmothers in the late 40's my uncles always had shotguns and rifles in the open, never knew when some unlucky deer would wander by. This was in the Catskill Mountains, there was no deer season to them; when it came time to put meat on the table they did. I was taught to never touch those guns without one of them around, I never did.

oct_97 said:
[quote="Rockin Rooster":36be5kir][quote="john pen":36be5kir]And not for nothin', but it was less than a few hours before the anti-gun folks were on the air apoligizing that they couldn't do more to stop this...like it was your fault it happened if you didn't support their cause.
This garbage is the kind of stuff that has made me almost completely stop watching the news all together.[/quote:36be5kir]

Yep. When I spent summers at my Grandmothers in the late 40's my uncles always had shotguns and rifles in the open, never knew when some unlucky deer would wander by. This was in the Catskill Mountains, there was no deer season to them; when it came time to put meat on the table they did. I was taught to never touch those guns without one of them around, I never did.[/quote:36be5kir]

As kids we all knew that my grandad's "pistol" ( a sawed off double barrel 12 gauge ) was under the seat of the truck. and the 30-06 was normally behind the seat. But we never touched either..or any gun in the racks or closet, without specific permission. It was the respect we were taught. we were taught early on how to use them and what they were capable of. My daughter is taking the official safety course this summer. I dont want her to be out somewhere with some ignorant kid that decides its fun to play with one... I want her to know better. Guns are just objects...you could make many different things a lethal weapon. Ignorance Kills

I shut off the perkie Katie show after about the 4th leading question on gun control. They are like the terminator, they won't give up their "hidden agenda".

Those poor folks, to have their personal tragedy turned into a bit to further the agenda of the (fill in the blanks, this the general discussion forum) to me is almost as bad as the event itself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom