Scored some Apple wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
my neighbors brother stops in last evening with a pickup truck load of Apple wood just cut size ranging from 2 inch diameter to some unsplit logs of 14-16 inch diameter.... I paid 65 bucks.. he stacked it... it is still green so i can't use it til next year but i believe I got a deal.. what do you think?

Great deal! I used apple all summer as I have access to alot up here. It is GREAT smoking wood. It is probably the most difficult to split though!

he also had the nerve to ask if he came across some cherry.. would I be interesteed.... DUH!! helllllll yah!

I'll take a pickup truck load of wood cut up, split and stacked for 65 bucks any day of the week... especially them fruity woods

I guess I am gonna have to start passing on s few racks of ribs to keep my wood guys happy and thinking of me

I bought a 1/2 cord of apple ($30) from an orched down the road this spring. Will use the first of it tommorrow on chicken. There are many apple orchereds around me. I'm going to due some scouting this winter when the trimming starts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom